FB users group for R6 and up (no R5 discussion)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DJMaytag

28 Jul 2019

If anyone wants to talk about Reason on Facebook, I started a new users group that focuses on Reason 6 and up as a way to keep on topic and eliminate the piracy issues that surround releases prior to Reason 6.

Some of the bigger FB groups seem to condone these cracks, so it’s time to start a modern community of Reason users!

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/6566821 ... ?ref=share

Jmax

28 Jul 2019

Not really seeing the point of this group, no offense. Reason and the RE ecosystem has not be hacked since ver 5. It's not an issue in other groups which are much larger? lol

DJMaytag

28 Jul 2019

In some of the biggest groups, it comes up multiple times a week, usually in the form of “how do I do [insert thing here] with Reason 5?”

There may be people who only upgraded to or initially bought Reason 5, but I’d wander a guess that 99.999% of them haven’t used Reason in years. I’d also wander a guess that 99.999% of those who use Reason 5 on a regular basis (once a week or more), are using cracked versions.

I can see PLENTY of situations where someone might have upgraded past Reason 5 but are stuck on something older than the current version.

boingy

29 Jul 2019

Every one of those folks using cracked Reason 5 is a potential future customer. Sure, most of them will never upgrade but some will, especially if the forum they use regularly has lots of people extolling the virtues of Reason 10 (and beyond).

future-bit

29 Jul 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

DJMaytag

29 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
29 Jul 2019
Every one of those folks using cracked Reason 5 is a potential future customer. Sure, most of them will never upgrade but some will, especially if the forum they use regularly has lots of people extolling the virtues of Reason 10 (and beyond).
That’s fine, but all too often there are questions bordering on support requests in such groups, and some of us are tired of it.

There’s nothing that says that a non-6.0-10.4 user can’t join and follow topics, but there’s definitely a rule against discussion of using older versions.

• Information