Props Shop vs. PayPal

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

23 Jul 2019

I'm usually buying stuff on-line using PayPal and so is the case with Props Shop. However, unlike other places, when choosing PayPal I'm not getting re-directed to PayPal to e.g. choose a sub-account in currency I want to use or anything, it just charges me the amount in EUR. And even if I had EUR on my EUR sub-account, it won't take money from there, but from my main PLN account which means I'll pay the (hefty) FX spread.

Is there some way to change this? I've looked everywhere in my Props account, but can't find it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
23 Jul 2019
I'm usually buying stuff on-line using PayPal and so is the case with Props Shop. However, unlike other places, when choosing PayPal I'm not getting re-directed to PayPal to e.g. choose a sub-account in currency I want to use or anything, it just charges me the amount in EUR. And even if I had EUR on my EUR sub-account, it won't take money from there, but from my main PLN account which means I'll pay the (hefty) FX spread.

Is there some way to change this? I've looked everywhere in my Props account, but can't find it.
I had the same issue. Changed payment method to credit card. Now it draws the money straight from my account. The back calculates the exchange rate but it usually costs less than paying with PayPal.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 Jul 2019

Good question...Does this need to be reverted on paypal?
Reason12, Win10

antic604

23 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2019
I don't think so. It's probably how Props Shop communicates with them, that doesn't require authorisation (after 1st login), same like e.g. Netflix just takes subscription money without me needing to do anything. But whereas I'm fine with it for Netlfix, I'd like to have choice of sub-account / currency in this case.

Loque

23 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
23 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2019
I don't think so. It's probably how Props Shop communicates with them, that doesn't require authorisation (after 1st login), same like e.g. Netflix just takes subscription money without me needing to do anything. But whereas I'm fine with it for Netlfix, I'd like to have choice of sub-account / currency in this case.
I can remember to allow this kind of paying for PH but did not found a option to remove it. I would like to know how to do it too.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

23 Jul 2019

A quick search showed:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click My Money then click Update beside My preapproved payments to find your payment.
4. Select the payment, and then click Cancel.

Can test, cannot log into paypal atm.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

23 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2019
A quick search showed:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click My Money then click Update beside My preapproved payments to find your payment.
4. Select the payment, and then click Cancel.

Can test, cannot log into paypal atm.
Good call!

But damn, now I can see the TOTAL amount of money I've spent in Props Shop :o

• Information