When [run] is in a patch name

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rael

21 Jul 2019

Apologies if I'm asking something that's been asked/answered many times before. I did try a search, but it ignored the brackets and found every post using the word run.

While looking for a rhythmic patch from the Reason 8 Factory sounds I ran into a couple of dozen of patches that had the word run, in brackets, at the end of the patch name: [run]. In most cases these patches did not produce a sound when I tried triggering every key on my controller keyboard. How does one invoke the patches labelled [run]? Thanks in advance...

selig
RE Developer

21 Jul 2019

It means you must hit play in Reason (or RUN on the device itself) before you'll hear anything.
Selig Audio, LLC

rael

22 Jul 2019

Ah! That's great. Much appreciated.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

rael wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Ah! That's great. Much appreciated.
Be aware also that you can’t automate the run button. This has been a source of irritation for me for some time. What you can do however is show devices for the combinator then automate the sequencers on the devices in there. A bit fiddly sometimes but it works.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

illstate

24 Jul 2019

to be more specific, this sometimes refers to the step sequencer on Thor devices.

• Information