Lock a midi surface to an instrument

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jpf

19 Jul 2019

Dear members of Reason Talk,

I have been using Reason since version 5 and now I am in version 10.3. I have not done any change in my hardware/software but now days Reason / control surfaces lock is working funny (unless I have forgotten the way to do things...)

Using the context menu over an instrument in order to Lock a Control Surface (midi Keyboard) is working weird:

I have three keyboards (K1, K2, K3), when I Lock any Control surface to an instrument, (for instance K1), the instrument is receiving notes from K2, K3 but not for K1 (the total opposite of logical behavior!).

As a second exampe, if I lock K1 and K2 to the instrument, that instrument only receives notes from K3 (the one that is not locked!!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Jackjackdaw

20 Jul 2019

Are you making sure to lock the keyboard to the device and not the channel strip?

I think you need to make sure all the keyboards you don't want to use are locked to something else otherwise they will play the active instrument.

• Information