Midi file to Demo/ Test for a control surface

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
delineation

21 Jun 2019

Has anyone ever made or found a .rns or midi file that could be a sort of generic demo/test for their control surface? My control surface doesn't have any sort of demo/test mode like a Control 24, O1v, Xtouch, Mackie, etc. Just wondering if such a thing was out there. I'm not having any issues but thought it would be nice to have something like that.

Thanks!

marcuswitt

21 Jun 2019

delineation wrote:
21 Jun 2019
Has anyone ever made or found a .rns or midi file that could be a sort of generic demo/test for their control surface? My control surface doesn't have any sort of demo/test mode like a Control 24, O1v, Xtouch, Mackie, etc. Just wondering if such a thing was out there. I'm not having any issues but thought it would be nice to have something like that.

Thanks!
Which kind of controller/control surface are you currently running and what kind of test is on your mind that you’d like to perform? Are talking about the the so called “Las Vegas” mode or about all faders moving in a sine wave shaped fashion?

delineation

21 Jun 2019

I'm using an Icon Pro G2. Yeah, the Vegas style that shows what lights, faders are correctly responding. I suppose I could take the time to make one, but I figured I'd ask the community first to see if anyone else had decided to do this already. I think it could be useful for Reason users to have a MIDI Vegas Test .rns file. That way when Reason us sending MIDI to your non-native controller, like the Icon I have, you can see right away what is and isn't mapped, then use remote override in order fill in the gaps to your taste.

• Information