Reason crashing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

The new version of Reason started freezing quite a few times on me. I already lost long work a couple of times because of time.
It happens mostly when the pc goes to sleep with reason turned on, then i wake it up again.

I've been using reason for more than 15 years now and this has never happened before. I don't even remember when reason crashed on me before this new update.

Is this happening to more people ?

Loque

20 Jun 2019

Which devices do you use? Any VSTs? Reason only without any devices in hybernation mode? Always remember, that VSTs and RE are not part of Reason, so please try to be more precise and we can help.

Its quite common in my experience, that a lot of devs do not test their stuff with hibernation/sleep mode of the computer - and they should, because it shows some weak spots in their applications.

I remembered a beta of a RE, where the dev was looking quite a long time to find a bug only happening in suspended->wakeup phase. He didnt wanted to release it without a fix. Cudos to this dev. Wish there were more devs like this!
Reason12, Win10

reasonsuser88

20 Jun 2019

I developed the habit of compulsively hitting CTRL+S every fifteen minutes. Otherwise, change your power settings so it doesn't sleep.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

Reason never crashed for me, with or without vsts. Now it sometimes crashes when the pc goes into sleep mode. With or without vsts.

chimp_spanner

20 Jun 2019

If you're working on music and you intend to put the computer to sleep, save and exit the program. I wouldn't expect any DAW to restore properly from sleep tbh. It's just a bad idea!

Loque

20 Jun 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
20 Jun 2019
If you're working on music and you intend to put the computer to sleep, save and exit the program. I wouldn't expect any DAW to restore properly from sleep tbh. It's just a bad idea!
Agrre to this. Dont do it, if you have important work. As i alrady said, most programs cannot handle it properly and after a few "suspends" the system (apps) is unusable and need to restart. Even MS Office Apps cannot survive a few supsends...
Reason12, Win10

pushedbutton

20 Jun 2019

More likely to be ASIO drivers than Reason, but I'm not a dev so I can't say for sure.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

ScuzzyEye

20 Jun 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
20 Jun 2019
More likely to be ASIO drivers than Reason, but I'm not a dev so I can't say for sure.
There are so many USB drivers that are absolutely horrible with suspend/resume. If it's an ASIO driver for a USB interface, I'd expect nothing but problems.

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

something keeps crashing for me to a black screen I cant tell if its reason or my comp

Loque

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
something keeps crashing for me to a black screen I cant tell if its reason or my comp
Black? I bet its the gfx board... Good luck. You have only a few weeks left imo. No warrenties ;-)
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

20 Jun 2019

DNGmaestro wrote:
20 Jun 2019
It happens mostly when the pc goes to sleep with reason turned on, then i wake it up again.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Black? I bet its the gfx board... Good luck. You have only a few weeks left imo. No warrenties ;-)
Nice try bro but My pc is over ten years old only had one extra motherboard in that time 😂 i aint bothered even if it did go doen it would the cheapest ass thing to replace lol but its software issue since I updated some stuff i think only happens sometimes

Loque

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019

Nice try bro but My pc is over ten years old only had one extra motherboard in that time 😂 i aint bothered even if it did go doen it would the cheapest ass thing to replace lol but its software issue since I updated some stuff i think only happens sometimes
My last gfx board died after...hum...was it Reason 9.5 updated? Not sure, but just a few days after the updated the screeen just went black and blue screens from time to time. And after a few weeks the system would not boot up anymore. It was just bad timing or Reason was too hardocre with my gfx board :-D
Reason12, Win10

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019

My last gfx board died after...hum...was it Reason 9.5 updated? Not sure, but just a few days after the updated the screeen just went black and blue screens from time to time. And after a few weeks the system would not boot up anymore. It was just bad timing or Reason was too hardocre with my gfx board :-D
I dont have a separate graphics board its built into the motherboard , but thanks man

pushedbutton

30 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
I dont have a separate graphics board its built into the motherboard , but thanks man
That doesn't stop them
a) fucking up
b) being bypassed by a new graphics card.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information