Reason compact with Reason lite?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scratchnsnifff

19 Jun 2019

I can’t seem to find info but does a purchased copy of compact still come with a free Reason lite edition?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

stratatonic

19 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Jun 2019
I can’t seem to find info but does a purchased copy of compact still come with a free Reason lite edition?

"Take your tracks further with Reason Lite, the desktop studio you can download for free with Reason Compact"

You can download Reason Compact for free. It's just when you buy Sound Packs or Devices that you pay money.

boingy

19 Jun 2019

I think you only get Reason Lite if you haven't already got a Reason licence on your PH account. So maybe start a second PH account if you want a Lite licence!

stratatonic

19 Jun 2019

boingy wrote:
19 Jun 2019
I think you only get Reason Lite if you haven't already got a Reason licence on your PH account. So maybe start a second PH account if you want a Lite licence!
https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... 0008909833

Reason Lite licenses are only issued to new accounts created from the Reason Compact application, or to existing accounts that do not already have a Reason license registered to them.

We're trying to avoid any confusion or possible conflicts or compatibility issues due to differing software versions for users who already have a Reason license in their account.

scratchnsnifff

19 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
19 Jun 2019
boingy wrote:
19 Jun 2019
https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... 0008909833

Reason Lite licenses are only issued to new accounts created from the Reason Compact application, or to existing accounts that do not already have a Reason license registered to them.

We're trying to avoid any confusion or possible conflicts or compatibility issues due to differing software versions for users who already have a Reason license in their account.

This is Perfect for my scenario.

Going to start a small basic synth class similar to piano lessons or any instrument lessons. And most people around here at least have an iPad. So I could walk them through making an account and at least obtaining a cheap tool to work with

It’s kind of crazy that lite has Thor, Europa, scream4 and vst capability

Hopefully it’s all an easy setup

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

I wish that intro had a cheaper upgrade price than compact as intro cost money and compact is basically now free 😔
But yeah good idea to get it free for your students and crazy that its free , you can wire out all the drums to mix channels so it’s basically 18 tracks really beginner musicians or singer songwriters who play instruments could make a whole album with that .

scratchnsnifff

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
I wish that intro had a cheaper upgrade price than compact as intro cost money and compact is basically now free 😔
But yeah good idea to get it free for your students and crazy that its free , you can wire out all the drums to mix channels so it’s basically 18 tracks really beginner musicians or singer songwriters who play instruments could make a whole album with that .
Right

I feel like the limitations makes it perfect for beginners. Having 8-16 tracks depending makes you create by necessity

I should check what devices are included, I figured that malström would be included but to my surprise Europa subtractor and Thor are all in each version :)

Hopefully there is an eq and other mastering stuff

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Right

I feel like the limitations makes it perfect for beginners. Having 8-16 tracks depending makes you create by necessity

I should check what devices are included, I figured that malström would be included but to my surprise Europa subtractor and Thor are all in each version :)

the only difference between intro and compact is 8-16 tracks

scratchnsnifff

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
20 Jun 2019

Right

the only difference between intro and compact is 8-16 tracks
Nice, I greatly appreciate all the info from everyone thanks 👍👍👍

EnochLight

22 Jun 2019

I was in the MPC Users group on Facebook the other day and just recommended someone try Reason Compact, as they get Reason Lite for free. They were looking for a synth they could use on their iPhone, but then also export stuff onto their Mac and use it as a VST/AU counterpart. I told him Europa is a fantastic synth and to give it a spin (on his iPhone and Reason Lite desktop for free). If he liked it, he could buy the VST and use it in his DAW of choice, while using Reason (Europa) Compact on his iPhone to sketch out ideas. Export iPhone presets or MIDI clips, etc.

I don't think he understood. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information