Synths Generating Additional Harmonics?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SkinnyMessican

18 Jun 2019

Hi All,

I'm trying out Reason 10, and I have run into a nasty problem. I was playing with Europa and noticed a (sometimes very loud) high pitched tone coming from it. At first, I thought it was just a part of the patches, but it turned up everywhere. So, I just played a sinewave and it was still there. I was able to filter it out, but that's no good if I want to hear some distortion in the bass. I wasn't sure if it was some other problem, but it's showing up in the spectrum analyzer. And now, it showing up in ALL the synths. Strangely, if I turn the polyphony down to mono, it the problem disappears. I've never had this problem with earlier versions of Reason I've used in this same setup (including 5.1 and 9.5). Can anyone help? If I can't fix this, it's basically unusable. :(

I couldn't find anyone else who had this problem. Please help!

Walk Hard and Gawk Steady :wave:
https://soundcloud.com/skinny-messican

Loque

19 Jun 2019

Classic hiss sound from your computer. There was a thread about it just a few weeks ago. Something is wrong with your power lines and they produce power leaks.

Here, just for you :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7512413

But i must admit, that the peak is weird. Looks it the same in other sound apps?
Reason12, Win10

SkinnyMessican

19 Jun 2019

Oddly, I did just move, so that was a possibility. But, testing like you suggested uncovered the problem. It was a MIDI problem, actually. When I scanned for my controller, the preset Reason created and loaded created a new zone for some reason. It was configured to play notes several octaves higher, and it was overlapping with this one. And that's why it only showed up in synths in polyphonic mode.

Thanks for responding and your help. I might have figured it out eventually, but I was just about to buy Logic Pro X instead (even though I prefer Reason's workflow), so you're a credit to the community. :)
Walk Hard and Gawk Steady :wave:
https://soundcloud.com/skinny-messican

• Information