Song Self-Contained Settings

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Haies Alshammari

17 Jun 2019

Hello everyone,

This post is my first post in ReasonTalk and I am studying Music Production using Propellerhead Reason 10.4. But, I am facing a big problem with Reason. The problem is when I finished making a song and upload it to let the instructor's page to see it, the instructor was telling me he could not hear the patches of the devices that I have purchased from Reason website. He said I should save the song as a self-contained song.

The question is: How I can save the song as a self-contained song?

Haies.

ScuzzyEye

18 Jun 2019

Haies Alshammari wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Hello everyone,

This post is my first post in ReasonTalk and I am studying Music Production using Propellerhead Reason 10.4. But, I am facing a big problem with Reason. The problem is when I finished making a song and upload it to let the instructor's page to see it, the instructor was telling me he could not hear the patches of the devices that I have purchased from Reason website. He said I should save the song as a self-contained song.

The question is: How I can save the song as a self-contained song?
Reason songs lost the ability to be entirely self-contained with Reason 6.5, which was released March 20, 2012, when they added Rack Extension plug-ins. That's how all DAWs work. If someone makes a song using a plug-in instrument or effect anyone they send the song file to will also need to have those same plug-ins. Seems like something a teacher should understand.

Anyway there is a work around. Reason 9.5 added a bounce-in-place option. That takes a channel's audio that's produced by a plug-in and records the audio only to a track. Then you can delete the plug-in. I'd recommend saving your original file with the plug-ins with a different name first, so if you want to go back and make changes you still can.

If you're using plug-ins as send effects it gets a little more complicated, because they don't have a track to bounce-in-place to. There is a stem export option that has an option to render all tracks, along sends to their own wave files. You could then start a new Reason project and import those stems as audio tracks, and submit that to your teacher.

Haies Alshammari

18 Jun 2019

Hello ScuzzyEye,

I think the only way to do it is to use your options.

Thank you for your reply.

guitfnky

18 Jun 2019

sounds like you've got it sorted, but it seems weird that the instructor told you to use a feature he never taught you how to use?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information