why isn't my MiDi Recording?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
peterk426

16 Jun 2019

Im using a RyTMIK Drum Machine. I go to the Track and enable recording, and click record bottom on the bottom middle. It looks like its recording and when i lay down the beat that i want i hit stop, and none of the MIDI gets recorded...What am I doing wrong? What am i missing??

Oquasec

19 Jun 2019

Some midi devices you actually want reason to detect through a button press...
Cuz sometimes a devices gets automapped to controls you didn't select.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

electrofux

21 Jun 2019

How is your Midi Device connected to Reason? Via a Codec in the preferences or via the advanced midi Input? The latter doesnt record afaik.

napynap

23 Jun 2019

Try using MIDIOX to see if MIDI data from the RyTMIK drum machine is being heard by your computer.
http://www.midiox.com/
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

pushedbutton

23 Jun 2019

electrofux wrote:
21 Jun 2019
How is your Midi Device connected to Reason? Via a Codec in the preferences or via the advanced midi Input? The latter doesnt record afaik.
It does.
i have a yamaha synth hooked up to a midiman midisport 4x4 via advanced midi input and recording midi from it isn't a problem.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Nijelmusic

21 Jun 2020

:adapted: Hi! I just thought I was having the same problem with the Rytmik Drum Machine but I had to put the octave down to midi C1. Hope this helps :D -Nijel @nijelusa twitter/instagram/facebook page

• Information