What's the common trend when Reason and upgrades go on sale?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Luxuria

16 Jun 2019

So I noticed the sale for Reason and the upgrade price at $99 goes on till June 30th.
Does anybody know from previous history whether this is a good sign that a major version of Reason is in the near future?

I see the cost of Reason drop 100 bucks every now and then, but never both it and upgrade costs at the same time.

Then it's about a month from initial announcement, to beta testing, to the final release?

Excited to see what they have been working on these past few years. Like I've mentioned before, Im currently on 8.3 but also mess around with my V10 Lite license that I got from with purchase of an Akai midi controller. Not really enough to compel me to upgrade to the full version so I'm dieing to see if V11 will get me to upgrade.

stratatonic

17 Jun 2019

Luxuria wrote:
16 Jun 2019
So I noticed the sale for Reason and the upgrade price at $99 goes on till June 30th.
Does anybody know from previous history whether this is a good sign that a major version of Reason is in the near future?

I see the cost of Reason drop 100 bucks every now and then, but never both it and upgrade costs at the same time.

Then it's about a month from initial announcement, to beta testing, to the final release?

Excited to see what they have been working on these past few years. Like I've mentioned before, Im currently on 8.3 but also mess around with my V10 Lite license that I got from with purchase of an Akai midi controller. Not really enough to compel me to upgrade to the full version so I'm dieing to see if V11 will get me to upgrade.
I think it's safe to assume that we are looking at a fall release now. Whether it was because Propellerhead spent time on mobile Compact compatiblity or the 10.3 update, who knows. But the latest a Reason version has dropped spring/summer-wise was June 21 (R9). And that meant announcing it and beta testing it a month before.

I don't think Propellerhead wants to screw around during the summer holidays with new version issues, imo.

Luxuria

18 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
17 Jun 2019

I think it's safe to assume that we are looking at a fall release now. Whether it was because Propellerhead spent time on mobile Compact compatiblity or the 10.3 update, who knows. But the latest a Reason version has dropped spring/summer-wise was June 21 (R9). And that meant announcing it and beta testing it a month before.

I don't think Propellerhead wants to screw around during the summer holidays with new version issues, imo.
Thanks!

That makes the most sense.

• Information