Song save altered after 10.4 update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rason

13 Jun 2019

Hey dear fellows. I just updated reason from 10.1. to the latest one and one of my song projects has changed its snare drum pattern - moved the snare notes in the sequencer lane by a whole measure. The same lane is occupied by a kick notes as well but these remain unchanged. So it cant be anyhow related to the grid-zoom update. Have you ever noticed anything similar after any reason patch or update? It has always been 100% backwards compatible as far as I know. Should I expect any changes in the actual rack settings?.. Thanks.

diminished
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

Are you talking about RDK RE by any chance?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Rason

13 Jun 2019

Helo. Nope. Kong sequenced in the main sequencor.

Loque

13 Jun 2019

Propbably Buffer size. The latest SVT performance optimization can introduce latencies in the rack if the buffer size is too high. Reduce it to 64 samples and everything should be fine. If not, there might be a other problem.
Reason12, Win10

Rason

14 Jun 2019

Thanks Loque. It was it. I didnt consider this option bcs it shouldnt influence just one sample bein it the same seq. lane from the same intrument as the other drum sounds that are unaffected. The snare pad, however, apart from the other drums, was not triggered directly but from other pad throu the backpanel gate cable for some reason. So the gate routing on the kong pad was the weak point where the latency was so significant.

Loque

14 Jun 2019

Rason wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Thanks Loque. It was it. I didnt consider this option bcs it shouldnt influence just one sample bein it the same seq. lane from the same intrument as the other drum sounds that are unaffected. The snare pad, however, apart from the other drums, was not triggered directly but from other pad throu the backpanel gate cable for some reason. So the gate routing on the kong pad was the weak point where the latency was so significant.
Your welcome. Glad you solved the problem and you now can continue with your song.
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

20 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Jun 2019
Propbably Buffer size. The latest SVT performance optimization can introduce latencies in the rack if the buffer size is too high. Reduce it to 64 samples and everything should be fine. If not, there might be a other problem.
What else gives a buffer latency except the pads of Kong?
And why MIDI to CV send from RPG-8 without latency?

Loque

20 Aug 2019

ljekio wrote:
20 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
13 Jun 2019
What else gives a buffer latency except the pads of Kong?
And why MIDI to CV send from RPG-8 without latency?
You can create feedback loops with CV and thats why they are alway delayed by the buffer "time". In previous Reason version it was 64 samples and this can now be higher and therefore recognizable.

I had a problem, where i generated in a bit strange way a CV signal into Kong and it was delayed by the amount of buffer-size-delay.

You have the same problem with audio feedback loops, they are delayed too according to the buffer size.

It is like in real life. A electric signal takes time from a source to a destination, so its pure analog :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

23 Aug 2019

In theory would Robotic Bean's Time Slider Re solve this issue (by sliding forward) if the pad/input had its own channel and therefore could be used as an insert effect?

I know there is the option in settings to to untick the render to audio card buffer settings which is like 'not' using the upgraded performance improvement but surley time-slider by robotic bean may help? or in the case of kong maybe its a cv-time slider thats needed in that instance?

friday

23 Aug 2019

ljekio wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Good bye Kong cv gate outs.
Use Konk's pad grouping instead of an internal CV connection and everything is good.

• Information