Poll: What would you like to see Props focus on going forward?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Choose the TWO that are most important for you.

Mobile Integration
1%
Reason Compact
1%
Rack Extensions
1%
VST instruments
3%
Reason 11 Hi-Res GUI
20%
Reason 11 Sequencer/Workflow
45%
Reason 11 Update stock devices (combinator, fx, etc)
24%
Reason 11 Brand new devices
4%
Another Kalimba Rompler also I am literally Satan
1%

Total votes: 395
reddust

21 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
21 Jun 2019
I wasn't aware that there was an iCloud folder in Windows. You could use that - though I should add that when I said you could upload to the Cloud, I didn't mean just iCloud. You could send your files to iCloud, Google Drive, etc...
Yes, there is an iCloud app you can install under windows 10 and if you log in you get a folder inside your windows explorer that works pretty much like a regular windows folder. I do indeed have my own personal cloud server at home, which I could also use to transfer files, so I guess I will be able to use an iPad with my current setup as well :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

21 Jun 2019

What I love about using my iPad with my MacBook is connecting them via lightning to USB and easily transmitting both MIDI and audio :thumbs_up:

I'm not sure if Windows supports that as well, but it is incredibly handy. Makes using iOS synths and instruments alongside a desktop DAW much more appealing.

reddust

21 Jun 2019

I hope I can work in a similar way, as I actually work on a surface book and should get my iPad Pro next week, could be a really nice combination if they work well together.

Eprom

22 Jun 2019

"Zoom to device" is the only thing I really, really want.

I love to design new sounds, but it's hard when you can't see the fiddly knobs. Now I have to zoom in the entire screen of my Macbook if I want to go into details. Not handy!
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2019

I don’t want more. I want less. I can barely cope with Reason 5 ha ha :). 😉😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

altron

22 Jun 2019

A couple of requests/wishes:

1) Be able to save block song structures as templates, e.g.
Create a block structure, for example: Intro | Versa A | Verse B | Prechorus | Chorus | etc. | etc.
Then save that structure as a template file that can be dropped into new projects.

2) MIDI CLOCK MULTI SYNC OUT !!

3) Sequencer: group multiple MIDI/Audio tracks into foldable groups.

4) Sequencer: A Cubase-like drum mode for sequencer track, instead of having to use the regular note representation for drums.

5) Better preset management that lets you find sounds faster (perhaps being able to tag sound patches with various categories like it's done in NI Komplete).

6) Audio: Curves!

7) Moar customizable track colors :)
Trap is where music goes to die.

O1B

23 Jun 2019

Sorry! I missed this. You wrote...
I'm starting to think mobile apps are really doing some harm to music right now, but I hope they aren't...
You "think" "mobile apps" are "doing harm" to "music."

You wrote that.... I think "Relax" is apropos.

You're 'assumptio'n is that mobile can't match DAWS for music making. We disagree.
Fair enough? Or - is there some 'FACT' you are trying to point out?
reddust wrote:
16 Jun 2019
O1B wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Relax, Dude. Things are just fine.

Talking about making assumptions, I'm relaxed, aren't you maybe?

jam-s

23 Jun 2019

altron wrote:
22 Jun 2019
Create a block structure, for example: Intro | Versa A | Verse B | Prechorus | Chorus | etc. | etc.
Then save that structure as a template file that can be dropped into new projects.
You can do this, already: Create your template as a song using empty blocks and save it as a template into the templates folder. Done.

reddust

24 Jun 2019

O1B wrote:
23 Jun 2019
Sorry! I missed this. You wrote...
I'm starting to think mobile apps are really doing some harm to music right now, but I hope they aren't...
You "think" "mobile apps" are "doing harm" to "music."

You wrote that.... I think "Relax" is apropos.

You're 'assumptio'n is that mobile can't match DAWS for music making. We disagree.
Fair enough? Or - is there some 'FACT' you are trying to point out?
reddust wrote:
16 Jun 2019

Talking about making assumptions, I'm relaxed, aren't you maybe?
Well, it seems like you never understood what I meant by saying that, but that's ok, maybe better so. Btw, I'm not making assumptions, I'm just giving my opinion as anyone else, and my opinion is that mobile apps don't match the level of PC software - not just DAWs.

two shoes

24 Jun 2019

altron wrote:
22 Jun 2019

3) Sequencer: group multiple MIDI/Audio tracks into foldable groups.

4) Sequencer: A Cubase-like drum mode for sequencer track, instead of having to use the regular note representation for drums.

5) Better preset management that lets you find sounds faster (perhaps being able to tag sound patches with various categories like it's done in NI Komplete).
these are all crucial

two shoes

24 Jun 2019

Caustic is pretty full featured - one of if not the best mobile app going. No one seems to know about it and it hasn't been updated in awhile but it's still the best I've used.

BigPictureSound

25 Jun 2019

First post here and thought this poll a good way to jump into these forums.

I voted for Hi-res GUI. I currently run Reason in low-resolution mode to avoid visual latency issues. This makes the tiny button fonts even harder to read. I have 20/20 vision, but Reason is the only program on macOS where I actually use the accessibility feature “Magnifying Glass”.

scratchnsnifff

25 Jun 2019

two shoes wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Caustic is pretty full featured - one of if not the best mobile app going. No one seems to know about it and it hasn't been updated in awhile but it's still the best I've used.
Caustic and FL mobile I believe are the top two. Reason compact could be up there

But there isn’t a full sequencer with automation.

But let’s ask the real question, if they implemented automation on mobile and it had curves, would that be a sign that it’s coming in the next version. I feel like people would get salty, but us conspiracy minded folks would know the truth!

*starts whipping up yet another tin foil hat*
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

stratatonic

25 Jun 2019

two shoes wrote:
24 Jun 2019
I'd love to see Reason on the iPad - hell, I'd take even a Reason 5 type version. Last week I opened up my iPad and flipped through a few screens absentmindedly to find the Reason icon, only to laugh, yeah, I'm not on the laptop. :roll:
I cursed Propellerhead for not having a real version of Reason for iPad.
Reason Compact is so lame.
Caustic feels more like Reason than Compact does. :(

reddust

26 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
25 Jun 2019
I'd love to see Reason on the iPad - hell, I'd take even a Reason 5 type version. Last week I opened up my iPad and flipped through a few screens absentmindedly to find the Reason icon, only to laugh, yeah, I'm not on the laptop. :roll:
I cursed Propellerhead for not having a real version of Reason for iPad.
Reason Compact is so lame.
Caustic feels more like Reason than Compact does. :(
Totally agree after testing Compact on the iPad yesterday. Specially when you have a relative big screen and the app partly just renders as if you were using a phone letting 60% of the screen unused

altron

27 Jun 2019

jam-s wrote:
23 Jun 2019
altron wrote:
22 Jun 2019
You can do this, already: Create your template as a song using empty blocks and save it as a template into the templates folder. Done.
Well yeah but that's exactly not optimal! I would be more flexible to only save the block structure as a template so it could be dropped into already existing projects.
Trap is where music goes to die.

BigPictureSound

27 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Jun 2019
two shoes wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Caustic and FL mobile I believe are the top two. Reason compact could be up there

But there isn’t a full sequencer with automation.

But let’s ask the real question, if they implemented automation on mobile and it had curves, would that be a sign that it’s coming in the next version. I feel like people would get salty, but us conspiracy minded folks would know the truth!

*starts whipping up yet another tin foil hat*
Cubasis 2 has full automation of any parameter and can even access controls from AU's within. It's pretty robust, and it actually makes Caustic look like a toy in comparison. I started a number of tracks in it and the results are always outstanding. Pretty amazing that I can have 24 audio tracks running in tandem on my fanless iPad Pro and not cook my plums like on a laptop.

stratatonic

28 Jun 2019

altron wrote:
22 Jun 2019
A couple of requests/wishes:

I posted something similar a while back about dropping existing Blocks into a new project:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7506938

Been like this since 2010 - I kinda suspect Blocks will never be looked at again by Propellerhead. :(

Creativemind

28 Jun 2019

altron wrote:
27 Jun 2019
jam-s wrote:
23 Jun 2019

Well yeah but that's exactly not optimal! I would be more flexible to only save the block structure as a template so it could be dropped into already existing projects.
But the other thing here which I'll throw into the argument, the obvious ' blocks aren't time or ruler markers'. They're blocks. That's not their intended use.

I'd like to see time markers with that functionality though.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

reggie1979

28 Jun 2019

Well, with "two" options opened you can copy/paste w/o delay.

That being said, I'd like templates being more easily savable. Unless of course you like the long way that is currently available...............

loopeydoug

21 Jul 2019

One of my answers was 'update stock devices'. I wish to clarify that that selection is based almost entirely on my wish for an updated Combinator. It's been my number 1 wishlist item/gripe since I started using Reason. I want a proper video editor real bad too(not among the available selections) but, it's still my number 3, below updated sequencer/workflow tools.

• Information