Poll: What would you like to see Props focus on going forward?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Choose the TWO that are most important for you.

Mobile Integration
1%
Reason Compact
1%
Rack Extensions
1%
VST instruments
3%
Reason 11 Hi-Res GUI
20%
Reason 11 Sequencer/Workflow
45%
Reason 11 Update stock devices (combinator, fx, etc)
24%
Reason 11 Brand new devices
4%
Another Kalimba Rompler also I am literally Satan
1%

Total votes: 395
chimp_spanner

18 Jun 2019

There's definitely scope for stock device updates. But sequencer/general workflow is really the biggest thing for me. The more I work, and the less time I have to do it in, the more important it is to do things quickly and clearly. So here's hoping!

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

I just realized that I only voted once and it was for workflow.

Yet, as stated before, my number one request is an overhaul of Kong. An oversight on my behalf.

Just think Impact XT and that would be terrific. Just bring it up to date.

dioxide

18 Jun 2019

Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2019
I just e-mailed Propellerhead again. Must be about the 6th time I've messaged them over the past 3 or 4 years with feature requests. How many times have people here e-mailed Propellerhead with suggestions?
I've rarely actually emailed them. I used to contribute a lot to the old Feature Suggestions forum. It was mostly a waste of time. Better to just wait and see when things arrive now. I've been asking for some features for 15 years. Zzzz...

Luxuria

18 Jun 2019

dioxide wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2019
I just e-mailed Propellerhead again. Must be about the 6th time I've messaged them over the past 3 or 4 years with feature requests. How many times have people here e-mailed Propellerhead with suggestions?
I've rarely actually emailed them. I used to contribute a lot to the old Feature Suggestions forum. It was mostly a waste of time. Better to just wait and see when things arrive now. I've been asking for some features for 15 years. Zzzz...
Your better off mailing it to the North Pole for Santa to read. :lol:

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

I'll be surprised if Reason goes hi-res for V11.
On the other hand, I won't be surprised if it doesn't. Fully expecting it to not happen.

If we get little to no workflow improvements and just more unnecessary fluff, then I really think it'll be time to speak with our wallets.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

This is how Verdane see the poll and what we're going to get in R11:

poll.png
poll.png (50.13 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

:lol:

joeyluck

18 Jun 2019

hurricane wrote:
18 Jun 2019
This is how Verdane see the poll and what we're going to get in R11
Lol. Well if you look at Facebook and other places, it seems it can go any direction.

Nowadays I see Propellerhead getting blown up by requests for Reason Compact on Android more than any Reason feature, so...gather from that what you will. Just today I saw a review for Complex-1 get posted, and replies were inquiring and demanding a VST version...

I think Propellerhead can manage developing for both mobile and desktop, and make plugins, etc. This poll asks about focus, and I don't see them removing focus from any option in this poll. I think we will see a steady development in all areas.

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

I hope you are right. I'm a cynical b.....ch, but I'm not subscribing to the "we're all doomed it's gonna be icrap from here on out" model.

Luxuria

18 Jun 2019

joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2019
hurricane wrote:
18 Jun 2019
This is how Verdane see the poll and what we're going to get in R11
Lol. Well if you look at Facebook and other places, it seems it can go any direction.

Nowadays I see Propellerhead getting blown up by requests for Reason Compact on Android more than any Reason feature, so...gather from that what you will. Just today I saw a review for Complex-1 get posted, and replies were inquiring and demanding a VST version...

I think Propellerhead can manage developing for both mobile and desktop, and make plugins, etc. This poll asks about focus, and I don't see them removing focus from any option in this poll. I think we will see a steady development in all areas.
I don't think they are asking for Compact on Android as much as they are asking why it isn't on Android. What other company the size of Pheads does exclusive releases on 1 platform anymore? Maybe people want to see Complex-01 as a VST because they don't want to use Reason to access it?

The one's that do have it for IOS complain about the steep price to unlock full features and only having 3 instruments to work with(no multiple instances of said instruments). IOS users are asking why even try with Compact when Garageband has more functionality.

The rest of the community is bashing them for releasing PSS when the sequencer needs some major updating and various topics like no MPE support, no Hi-Res GUI, a lot of the problems we talk about here, etc.

I'm glad to see people being hard on Propellerhead. We are 5 pages in on this topic and they still haven't made any statements of acknowledgement.

joeyluck

18 Jun 2019

Luxuria wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I don't think they are asking for Compact on Android as much as they are asking why it isn't on Android. What other company the size of Pheads does exclusive releases on 1 platform anymore? Maybe people want to see Complex-01 as a VST because they don't want to use Reason to access it?
Korg Gadget isn't on Android, the Moog apps aren't on Android, Cubasis isn't on Android...I actually can't think of much of anything popular on Android, even by much larger companies... I have an Android phone and an iPad. But yes, people are requesting Compact on Android.
Luxuria wrote:
18 Jun 2019
The one's that do have it for IOS complain about the steep price to unlock full features and only having 3 instruments to work with(no multiple instances of said instruments). IOS users are asking why even try with Compact when Garageband has more functionality.
If you're a Reason user, you don't really need to unlock all the features of Compact, because you can still import your project into Reason. All it limits you from doing is editing and saving patch changes in Compact. You can edit synth patches once you import into Reason, you can replace the instruments, etc. Unless your goal is to finish it on mobile? And Compact even comes with a free version of Reason Lite. But to your point, people want more... they say three instruments isn't enough, they want sampled instruments, they want audio recording...
Luxuria wrote:
18 Jun 2019
The rest of the community is bashing them for releasing PSS when the sequencer needs some major updating and various topics like no MPE support, no Hi-Res GUI, a lot of the problems we talk about here, etc.
I'm right on board with wanting MPE support, a scalable rack or resizable pop-out Rack Extension windows, sequencer improvements, etc. I'm just pointing out that there are many loud voices on Facebook and Twitter... I think this poll shows a general idea of what people in this forum might want, although it's a bit biased based on what the OP wants. Polls here can have 20 options (this one has 9, but really 8) and this one doesn't include VST3 support or MPE support, which are at the top of my list.
Luxuria wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I'm glad to see people being hard on Propellerhead. We are 5 pages in on this topic and they still haven't made any statements of acknowledgement.
Point being is everything I mentioned is people being hard on Propellerhead...about Android support...about a VST of Complex-1...about adding more to Reason Compact, etc.

Luxuria

19 Jun 2019

(deleted) Screwed up quoting format :(
Last edited by Luxuria on 19 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Luxuria

19 Jun 2019

Joeyluck: "I think this poll shows a general idea of what people in this forum might want, although it's a bit biased based on what the OP wants. Polls here can have 20 options (this one has 9, but really 8) and this one doesn't include VST3 support or MPE support, which are at the top of my list."

The poll could have excluded the last option, not laughing matters when it comes to such a serious topic pertaining Pheads primary focus. I thought it included broad topics that did a good job of addressing the areas. I took VST instruments as "VST support" so VST3, more optimization, etc.

I liked the idea of picking 2 though, just wish there was a Misc/other option for things like MPE support which doesn't fit into any of the other categories and the users could comment what they wanted out of the "Other" category. I see what you mean about it having bias.

Just today, I noticed the thread about the Touch One having shit support since the Mackie Universal Protocol is poorly mapped. A lot of controllers face these issues and they have for years now. Why hasn't PHeads worked on them? Now-a-days my go to answer is: "because it isn't making them money." Whatever direction the company was going towards even before Verdane, was starting to feel more and more like they were fine sweeping things under the rug and leaving elements in unfinished states.
[/quote]

Creativemind

19 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
18 Jun 2019
hurricane wrote:
18 Jun 2019
So what are you all going to do when R11 releases without any sequencer/workflow improvements AND without a hi-res GUI? The Props think you're going to upgrade, like you always do.
well, there is still place for upgrading stock devices I guess :)

I'll see what kind of improvements does R11 bring and depending on them upgrade or wait for a further upgrade/version, as I guess the R11 upgrade is not going to be for free
If there's no workflow improvements, we should all boycott purchase complaining about workflow features and within a month Propellerhead will release an 11.1 with workflow features after sales are abysmal.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

19 Jun 2019

dioxide wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Yeah someone on here said he'd been asking for (think it was ganged faders / multiple fader adjustment or was it ghost notes / multi-lane adjustment) for years and said when he started, his hair was black and when it finally arrived he was fully grey lol!

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2019

Creativemind wrote:
19 Jun 2019
dioxide wrote:
18 Jun 2019

Yeah someone on here said he'd been asking for (think it was ganged faders / multiple fader adjustment or was it ghost notes / multi-lane adjustment) for years and said when he started, his hair was black and when it finally arrived he was fully grey lol!
I think that was almost the entire Reason userbase asking for those things :D

dioxide

19 Jun 2019

Creativemind wrote:
19 Jun 2019
Ha ha. That's funny :D

stratatonic

19 Jun 2019

Luxuria wrote:
18 Jun 2019

I don't think they are asking for Compact on Android as much as they are asking why it isn't on Android.

IOS users are asking why even try with Compact when Garageband has more functionality.

iOS GarageBand is 1000x more inspiring than Compact. If you already own an iDevice and had any kind of musical interest, you would already have tried free GarageBand for iOS. And if you or your parents own a mac, the integration into mac GarageBand (or Logic if you were getting more serious) is very tight. There's a similarity between the iOS and mac version that makes the transition easy.

Trying out Compact would be a big step down from that. Even if it "has already these great sounds..." And going from an up/down sequencer in Compact to traditional left/right would be somewhat alien.

If Propellerhead are banking on brand new Reason users through Reason Lite, it'd be easier to target the Android crowd, who haven't had a huge choice for music apps and can't compare the GarageBand experience with a new app. Make it available for the latest OS - like with Apple - and have a step sequencer were you could input notes to deal with the latency if it was so bad you had to do it that way.

Still, it must be worth their while. Even here, Enoch and some others have bought the Compact devices at full price and some soundpacks. There is money to be made in the Apple ecosystem.

stratatonic

19 Jun 2019

hurricane wrote:
18 Jun 2019
If ̶w̶e̶ ̶ I get little to no workflow improvements and just more unnecessary fluff, then I really think it'll be time to speak with ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶ my wallet(s)...
Fixed that for you.... ;)

And isn't that how it is, anyways? Why would someone pay for anything that isn't good value to them personally?

reddust

19 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
19 Jun 2019
iOS GarageBand is 1000x more inspiring than Compact. If you already own an iDevice and had any kind of musical interest, you would already have tried free GarageBand for iOS. And if you or your parents own a mac, the integration into mac GarageBand (or Logic if you were getting more serious) is very tight. There's a similarity between the iOS and mac version that makes the transition easy.
I wonder how good is the transition between an iPad and a windows PC apart from the PHs apps. How easy or hard is to transfer midi or audio files between both devices in order to be able to work with them complementarily.

reggie1979

19 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
19 Jun 2019
hurricane wrote:
18 Jun 2019
If ̶w̶e̶ ̶ I get little to no workflow improvements and just more unnecessary fluff, then I really think it'll be time to speak with ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶ my wallet(s)...
Fixed that for you.... ;)

And isn't that how it is, anyways? Why would someone pay for anything that isn't good value to them personally?
facepalm!

stratatonic

20 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
19 Jun 2019
stratatonic wrote:
19 Jun 2019
I wonder how good is the transition between an iPad and a windows PC apart from the PHs apps. How easy or hard is to transfer midi or audio files between both devices in order to be able to work with them complementarily.
Well with either Windows or Mac, you can send app midi and audio files (depending on app) by email or to Cloud, but with a mac you also have the option of AirDropping content between your computer and device - which is just a wireless transfer between devices. So you can send an iOS GarageBand project to the mac, which will open up in Logic. There may be something similar to AirDrop for Windows, I don't know, I haven't used Windows for a few years now. You could send out the GarageBand project as a wave file(s), which you could then open up in whatever you wanted in Windows. You could use Ableton Link as well, but that would depend on the iOS app and computer software.

There's also a protocol called IDAM which will send MIDI data both ways and digital audio to the Mac through the lightning port to USB. That is definitely not on Windows. It is pretty stable. More here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7506535 You could also use your iDevice as a MIDI controller for Reason - or whatever. I'm not sure if you can just plug in a device and do the same in Windows.

Generally, I'd say there's probably better and more user satisfaction if you had Apple products, but it all depends on the apps and what you want to accomplish.

reddust

21 Jun 2019

stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Well with either Windows or Mac, you can send app midi and audio files (depending on app) by email or to Cloud, but with a mac you also have the option of AirDropping content between your computer and device - which is just a wireless transfer between devices. So you can send an iOS GarageBand project to the mac, which will open up in Logic. There may be something similar to AirDrop for Windows, I don't know, I haven't used Windows for a few years now. You could send out the GarageBand project as a wave file(s), which you could then open up in whatever you wanted in Windows. You could use Ableton Link as well, but that would depend on the iOS app and computer software.

There's also a protocol called IDAM which will send MIDI data both ways and digital audio to the Mac through the lightning port to USB. That is definitely not on Windows. It is pretty stable. More here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7506535 You could also use your iDevice as a MIDI controller for Reason - or whatever. I'm not sure if you can just plug in a device and do the same in Windows.

Generally, I'd say there's probably better and more user satisfaction if you had Apple products, but it all depends on the apps and what you want to accomplish.
Thanks for the answer, that is actually my biggest fear, as I am using windows and Reason as my only DAW, which is why I actually wanted to be able to export midi files as such and not full garage band projects. There is an integrated iCloud app in windows that works like an additional folder inside the pc, I hope I can just upload midi and audio files there and see how I could make use of an iPad as a windows user. I have been using Macs for years and still use them at work but for several reasons I switched back to windows and don't want to come back to Mac OS.

Creativemind

21 Jun 2019

ltbrunt00 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I voted for update stock devices. I do not want any changes in the current stock devices but would rather have them create updated versions while keeping the original devices. The original devices work perfectly and changes could jeopardize backwards functionality, automation in older songs. I would like updates without the risk.
Yes, me too. Not to the detriment of workflow though.

I would like to see a updates to Subtractor, Malstrom, Thor, NN-XT, Combinator, Kong, ReDrum, Dr.Octo.Rex, Alligator, The Echo, Scales and Chords, Scream 4 and the ECF-42.

stratatonic

21 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
21 Jun 2019
stratatonic wrote:
20 Jun 2019

Thanks for the answer, that is actually my biggest fear, as I am using windows and Reason as my only DAW, which is why I actually wanted to be able to export midi files as such and not full garage band projects. There is an integrated iCloud app in windows that works like an additional folder inside the pc, I hope I can just upload midi and audio files there and see how I could make use of an iPad as a windows user. I have been using Macs for years and still use them at work but for several reasons I switched back to windows and don't want to come back to Mac OS.
I wasn't aware that there was an iCloud folder in Windows. You could use that - though I should add that when I said you could upload to the Cloud, I didn't mean just iCloud. You could send your files to iCloud, Google Drive, etc...

• Information