Reason update 4d4 - Install loop upon launch

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Molotovbeatz

05 Jun 2019

Hello,

Every time I launch my Reason 10, it constantly asking me to update for 4d4 version which I already did like 10 times now.

Does anyone know why the program constantly loops the update install??

Today it's been like 3 times now I am installing the same update every time I launch the program. What is the cause of this? I never had any problem like this before. It started when the new update for 4d4 appeared.

Cheers
Attachments
reas.png
reas.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 1283 times

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2019

It might be related to the latest Windows update. CarlyPoohbear made a video about it, check his YouTube channel for a workaround and see if that's it.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Molotovbeatz

05 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Jun 2019
It might be related to the latest Windows update. CarlyPoohbear made a video about it, check his YouTube channel for a workaround and see if that's it.
--- Edit

Ok I saw the video but no, it's not the same issue. Mine does install fine, after hitting - "Restart reason and Install", installation is complete to the new build 4d4, I can work on it. But as soon as I turn reason off and launch it again, it launches to the previous build and ask me to update to 4d4 again. And it's irritating because every time I launch reason, it constantly asking me for update to 4d4, although it has been installed many times.

boingy

06 Jun 2019

If you are on Windows try running Reason as admin.

mashers

06 Jun 2019

Alternatively you can delete Reason, re-download the latest version and install it that way.

Molotovbeatz

06 Jun 2019

boingy wrote:
06 Jun 2019
If you are on Windows try running Reason as admin.
Didn't work. I started reason as admin, downloaded the update, it restarted and installed the update. After closing the reason build 4d4 and launching it again, it launches the previous build as before and again asking for update.
mashers wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Alternatively you can delete Reason, re-download the latest version and install it that way.
This is not a solution. I wont remove reason and re-download everything again each time there will be an update.

Anyone else has other solution than reinstalling reason?

diminished
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

Molotovbeatz wrote:
06 Jun 2019
mashers wrote:
06 Jun 2019
This is not a solution. I wont remove reason and re-download everything again each time there will be an update.

Anyone else has other solution than reinstalling reason?
Not every time, maybe just once.

Anyways, this is something I'd definitely contact PH support about!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Molotovbeatz

06 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
06 Jun 2019

Not every time, maybe just once.

Anyways, this is something I'd definitely contact PH support about!
I just did, I will keep you posted here once I will get an answer.

tiker01

06 Jun 2019

Could you post an image of the splash screen before and after the update just so we can be sure the update is installed successfully.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

WongoTheSane

07 Jun 2019

Please remain civil. Thanks.

Molotovbeatz

18 Jun 2019

So after being in contact with Devs, there was no other solutions that they could offer except removing current Reason 10.3 and then downloading 10.4, reinstalling it.

Of course I am a stubborn person so I didn't listen to them, I mean only the part to reinstall 10.4 from the download. I didn't remove the current 10.3 I had on my PC. Instead I downloaded the 10.4 without the sound banks which was only 300MB around or less and I installed it over 10.3.

All the previous settings was preserved, all sound banks as well. I reinstalled the software to the latest version and that solved the issue.

I hope this will help for those who will encounter a similar problem in the future. Cheers

• Information