Way to slowly change parameters?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popnfrsh24

04 Jun 2019

Hey there,

Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut to slighty change the parameters of whatever setting you are changing? I always start to move the mouse and then it changes way too fast and I can't dial it in. Is there a key that I can press when changing it to slow the change down at all?

Thanks,

Pop

MannequinRaces

04 Jun 2019

Hold down shift while you move the knobs, etc.. :)

Popnfrsh24

04 Jun 2019

thank you!

napynap

05 Jun 2019

Yes, hold shift as MannequinRaces replied. Also, if you hold Ctrl (on PC) and click on the parameter, it will set it to default.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

Popnfrsh24

09 Jun 2019

napynap wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Yes, hold shift as MannequinRaces replied. Also, if you hold Ctrl (on PC) and click on the parameter, it will set it to default.
sweet, good to know!

Popnfrsh24

09 Jun 2019

Is there actually a way that you can input the parameter that you are changing by the keypad? like so you can just set it to the exact value you want? Or do I always have to drag it to whatever value I want?

Thanks

Loque

09 Jun 2019

Popnfrsh24 wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Is there actually a way that you can input the parameter that you are changing by the keypad? like so you can just set it to the exact value you want? Or do I always have to drag it to whatever value I want?

Thanks
There is a workaround:
1. Create a automation lane for that parameter
2. Go to that lane, add a value
3. Select the value and enter a number in the top toolbar on the right side
4. Now delete the automation lane and you have the exact value
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

09 Jun 2019

There are no 'Manual Parameter Inputs' as yet but hope that comes in Reason 11 also with copying & pasting option too.

You can also adjust the mouse sensitivity in the preferences under the General tab, Mouse Knob Range and choose Very Precise if you're still having trouble.

Also, just in case you don't know, ctrl clicking a parameter resets it back to it's default position.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Pinkbox

09 Jun 2019

$€ workaround : you can get a gamer mouse that let you change the DPI (precision of the pointer) with a button on the side of the mouse (for your thumb). I often use that sniper button and hold shift at the same time to get the specific value I want.

Creativemind

09 Jun 2019

Pinkbox wrote:
09 Jun 2019
$€ workaround : you can get a gamer mouse that let you change the DPI (precision of the pointer) with a button on the side of the mouse (for your thumb). I often use that sniper button and hold shift at the same time to get the specific value I want.
Seeing as the like button was removed.

:thumbs_up:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information