Malström bug (audio in)Solved :D

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scratchnsnifff

30 May 2019

I was using a chain of malströms to make a supersaw. I used two malström devices and one subtractor. One malström was in the combinator input
Malström copy went from the main out to the audio in/filter A/shaper input and the subtractor output went to the malström copy filter A/shaper input

When playing notes I got some very odd quirks happening. The notes were not triggering at the same time. Basically when chaining devices without using the mixer and using more than two total
Synths causes this bug

The adsr on all of the synths were full sustain and no release, I toyed with the release on the subtractor a bit

Can someone confirm or recreate please, two malströms and a subtractor. One chained to the next in a combibator I might have put a reverb on the malström that goes to the combinator

(update)
so the person who posted the link to the thing about buffer sizes and 10.3
its not the malstrom so much as reasons buffer update etc.
i recreated the combinator and tried to replicate the bug. but I'm assuming i need a project with a fair amount of stuff going on. the patch i made isn't replicating the bug what so ever. so I'm assuming it has to do with the amount of stuff inside the project file.

im glad my favorite synth is as superb as i thought
Last edited by scratchnsnifff on 01 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Ahornberg

30 May 2019

May you please post a Combinator patch of your setup?

Mich01

31 May 2019

Not sure, but check out the new buffersize/rendering settings

https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... what-s-up-

Loque

31 May 2019

Did you played the Combinator or the synth? And has every synth Receive Notes enabled?
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
31 May 2019
Did you played the Combinator or the synth? And has every synth Receive Notes enabled?
I’m going to upload the patch today. Now that I recall. It was as if there was a decent amount of time between notes. You could hear all 3 separate synths. However it sounded like a weird latency issue between the three. It was like the first synth would be of no issue and the other two worked 75% of key presses

I have the day off today and will get around to uploading the patch

scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2019

Archive.zip
malström/Sübträctor patch
(24.32 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
this is the patch that i made. even though the bug wasn't recreated its still a fun patch to mess with. :D

Ahornberg

01 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Archive.zip

this is the patch that i made. even though the bug wasn't recreated its still a fun patch to mess with. :D
Thank you! Interesting that the bug vanished ... did you make some changes?

• Information