rack extension with CV triggering buttons

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mon

29 May 2019

Hello, fellow Reason users :)
Recently I started to build some pretty complicated combis for live usage and plan to control them with the excellent Hamu's RE - Newtrol 8. In some of the combinators I use Zvork Sl-1with programmed snapshots of the instruments and effects inside. I am looking for simple RE with buttons to act as a switch for these snapshots, as the buttons of the Newtrol are already occupied with other duties, but I couldn't find one. Could anyone point me in the right direction. I know I could use another Newtrol for this but it is overkill and I think there should be a simpler and more elegant way to do it. Thank you and have a great day :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

Loque

29 May 2019

Lolth, CV8X4, A/B Switch, Select CV Switch are free and mostly used for switching around with knobs.

Morfin, Shelob are good for audio.

I am sure i did not mentioned a trillion other devices, which can do this too. And yea, Thor as usual can do this.
Reason12, Win10

mon

29 May 2019

Thanks a lot for the info! This RE looks like a gem and exactly what I need! The funny thing is that I have used and really like all other pongasoft REs :)
Loque wrote:
29 May 2019
Lolth, CV8X4, A/B Switch, Select CV Switch are free and mostly used for switching around with knobs.

I am sure i did not mentioned a trillion other devices, which can do this too. And yea, Thor as usual can do this.
Thank for the info, Logue!
Unfortunately I need a RE with a buttons that should be able to send CV messages and the mentioned devices are mostly with knobs. I am aware of “select CV switch” but as far as I know, it does not send messages but switches between CV streams that are flowing through it. Thor for sure is also overkill for sending CV toggles :)

Have a great day/evening everybody. I will explore the possibilities with the pongasoft RE and hopefully will report back with some interesting examples of the combis :)

Loque

29 May 2019

mon wrote:
29 May 2019
Thanks a lot for the info! This RE looks like a gem and exactly what I need! The funny thing is that I have used and really like all other pongasoft REs :)
Loque wrote:
29 May 2019

Thank for the info, Logue!
Unfortunately I need a RE with a buttons that should be able to send CV messages and the mentioned devices are mostly with knobs. I am aware of “select CV switch” but as far as I know, it does not send messages but switches between CV streams that are flowing through it. Thor for sure is also overkill for sending CV toggles :)

Have a great day/evening everybody. I will explore the possibilities with the pongasoft RE and hopefully will report back with some interesting examples of the combis :)
Just be creative...Here is a simple example how to realize buttons.
BeCreative.zip
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Reason12, Win10

mon

29 May 2019

Loque wrote:
29 May 2019
BeCreative.zip

Logue, i don't mean to argue, but i asked for simple RE that could send CV toggles to multiple devices. I obviously could stack few combis to do that but it's not as clean as I want it to be and the action won't happen in a singe device. The best scenario is to have Newtrol for all the CC needs and a few toggles and another RE for the rest of the toggles. That way I could make templates for two controllers and lock them to the REs. It will make the setup neat and clean. Also, if I wanted to use the buttons of the combis, I would have to use middle devices such as CV8x4, which again adds unneeded complexity. I cannot find any motivation to use a CC RE for sending simple on/off messages?
Thank you for the example but it's less than ideal solution when the back of the rack already looks like a plate full of spaghetti :)

Loque

29 May 2019

mon wrote:
29 May 2019
Loque wrote:
29 May 2019
BeCreative.zip

Logue, i don't mean to argue, but i asked for simple RE that could send CV toggles to multiple devices. I obviously could stack few combis to do that but it's not as clean as I want it to be and the action won't happen in a singe device. The best scenario is to have Newtrol for all the CC needs and a few toggles and another RE for the rest of the toggles. That way I could make templates for two controllers and lock them to the REs. It will make the setup neat and clean. Also, if I wanted to use the buttons of the combis, I would have to use middle devices such as CV8x4, which again adds unneeded complexity. I cannot find any motivation to use a CC RE for sending simple on/off messages?
Thank you for the example but it's less than ideal solution when the back of the rack already looks like a plate full of spaghetti :)
Hope you or someone else finds a solution. I am curious...
Reason12, Win10

mon

29 May 2019

Loque wrote:
29 May 2019
Hope you or someone else finds a solution. I am curious...
The ljekio suggestion for Ponasoft A/B 12 Switch can do this and it seems a lot of other stuff.
I still have to explore it but the quick test passed just fine :)

Have a good evening and thanks for the suggestions.

• Information