Bounced arpeggios are different then sequenced.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wanderingmoose

28 May 2019

Hey Hive Mind,

Any tips that could help me solve an issue where my bounce doesn't sound exactly like what I sequenced?
For instance, the pattern of my arpeggios generated by Scales & Chords through Dual Arpeggiator and Note Echo is not quite the same especially with respect to the pitch bends that are occuring during the sequence. This is obviously ruinning the timing that I intended.

Another issue I'm hearing is with filter cutoff and amplitude automations into Serum that are not translating correctly when bounced.

I have sent the arp sequence to track and made sure that the previous note lanes are muted yet the bounce continues to stray.

Thanks in advance

wanderingmoose

wanderingmoose

01 Jun 2019

Looks like I found the solution to my problem.

If I uncheck "Render audio using audio card buffer settings" in the preferences then the problem goes away.
What a relief.

Looks like this might be a bug with 10.3
I'll submit a report to props.

Hope this helps someone that may have the same problem.

Loque

01 Jun 2019

Check out the release notes, they explain it. It's not a bug, it's like DAWs work. Bigger audio buffer, more latency, even in automation.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Check out the release notes, they explain it. It's not a bug, it's like DAWs work. Bigger audio buffer, more latency, even in automation.
Wait, what! If the normal playback does one thing and bounce does another thing, that sounds like a bug to me. The check box for rendering at 64 samples (unchecked) or with audio card buffer size (checked), affects latency, yes, but is should be the same latency when playback or bouncing, no?!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

wanderingmoose

01 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2019
I understand how buffer size relates to processing time and latency. I can't understand how automations are being delayed at a different rate then the audio generators when rendering. Seems broken to me. We'll see what prop says now that I can reproduce it.

Loque

01 Jun 2019

Boombastix wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Wait, what! If the normal playback does one thing and bounce does another thing, that sounds like a bug to me. The check box for rendering at 64 samples (unchecked) or with audio card buffer size (checked), affects latency, yes, but is should be the same latency when playback or bouncing, no?!
My comment was related to one of the "bugs" and not both.

The thing with the arps i guess it was a mono patch and the note ordering is handled different internally between Players and sequencer. Just a guess, since not enough info was provided.
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

01 Jun 2019

Oh guys that's how everything else works.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information