Letting this sale pass by

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sleep1979

28 May 2019

I am just letting it pass and not buying anything and feel a whole lot better for it , I'm gonna try and pass every sale until black Friday.

Loque

28 May 2019

Fassungslos.gif
Fassungslos.gif (738.12 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 May 2019

Same here. Haven't bought a thing during this sale.
Well except for Echobode, but that thing is never on sale so that doesn't count :)

reddust

28 May 2019

I think in summer there are usually sales as well. I haven't bought anything either, maybe I still get Sequences from Robot Bean, but that sale was because of its introductory price, so may madness hasn't helped me either... well, it has helped my bank account to not get even deeper into the red zone :)

antic604

28 May 2019

This thread inspired me to perhaps get few things more? :D

WillyOD

28 May 2019

Same here. I've suggested a few times over the years that they should design their sales so that people who get paid on the 1st (well in this case Monday the 3rd) can participate too. Probably just a blessing because I don't _really_ need any new REs and also I like to eat food stuff.

So I guess this is actually a thank you message to Props for not listening ;D
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

reddust

28 May 2019

WillyOD wrote: ↑
28 May 2019
Same here. I've suggested a few times over the years that they should design their sales so that people who get paid on the 1st (well in this case Monday the 3rd) can participate too. Probably just a blessing because I don't _really_ need any new REs and also I like to eat food stuff.

Totally agree, not really a good idea to start a sale in the middle of a month and end it before the next month starts

sleep1979

28 May 2019

reddust wrote: ↑
28 May 2019
28 May 2019

Totally agree, not really a good idea to start a sale in the middle of a month and end it before the next month starts
Christmas sales are better coz i can buy myself something tasty i need without feeling guiltyπŸ˜‚ , also I've started thinking what i need not what i want , reason upgrade is possibly all .

antic604

28 May 2019

28 May 2019
28 May 2019
Don't want to be insensitive or something, but don't you guys have any savings? If I were to choose between paying bills or food vs. a new, shiny RE I wouldn't think twice. I could lose few kilograms easily ;) :P

kitekrazy

28 May 2019

antic604 wrote: ↑
28 May 2019
28 May 2019
28 May 2019
Don't want to be insensitive or something, but don't you guys have any savings? If I were to choose between paying bills or food vs. a new, shiny RE I wouldn't think twice. I could lose few kilograms easily ;) :P
That was before we discovered DAWs.

mjxl

28 May 2019

28 May 2019
If I were to choose between paying bills or food vs. a new, shiny RE I wouldn't think twice. I could lose few kilograms easily ;) :P
Ye, I'm like: Aaah want to throw my wallet at my monitor, I shouldn't tho. But I can! But really, i shouldn't.. But but, i want to :c
Argh lol

motuscott

28 May 2019

Today I bought myself a food.
Tomorrow maybe one of them SpaceX cars.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

dvdrtldg

28 May 2019

I saw that Champagne Supernova is on sale for $19 and I thought "Woah shit I'm going to jump on that one" and then I weirdly can't seem to summon up the motivation to revisit the shop and actually hit the Buy button

Makes me wonder if GAS does actually have a limit/saturation point

motuscott

28 May 2019

dvdrtldg wrote: ↑
28 May 2019

If that's available in RE format, instabuy
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

Faastwalker

28 May 2019

There's not really anything left I want to buy really. I may pick up the Euclidean Player?

These days it's all about the Eurorack. Thinking of dropping AUS $549 on a new case :roll:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

28 May 2019
I saw that Champagne Supernova is on sale for $19 and I thought "Woah shit I'm going to jump on that one" and then I weirdly can't seem to summon up the motivation to revisit the shop and actually hit the Buy button

The effects pedals in Champagne Supernova are really nice. Unfortunately the attached synth was what made me decide not to get it. Even at €19.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Undistraction

29 May 2019

I stopped buying REs sometime last year and won't buy any more until Propellerhead head convince me Reason has a future. At the moment it feels like a bad investment. I'd much rather splash on something I can at least partially recoup my spend from in the future.

VariableX

29 May 2019

I got Quad Note player and a refill.
I have no worries about Reason having a future, not any more than any other Daw anyway.

I won't be buying anything else, trialed a few things but they never floated my boat.

reasonsuser88

29 May 2019

I browsed but nothing caught my interest. I'm already sitting on plenty of RE's and VST's. The only thing I want right now is a ring mod kind of hardware pedal for my synth. Maybe there are limits to this thing of ours. Maybe not.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Loque

29 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote: ↑
29 May 2019
I browsed but nothing caught my interest. I'm already sitting on plenty of RE's and VST's. The only thing I want right now is a ring mod kind of hardware pedal for my synth. Maybe there are limits to this thing of ours. Maybe not.
You tried the Ringmod in Kong? I like this very much!

The Ringmod in Scream4 is quite nice too.
Reason12, Win10

reasonsuser88

29 May 2019

Loque wrote: ↑
29 May 2019

Those aren't very musical to me. My go-to in Reason is the Kilohearts ring mod. The pedal I'm looking at is Electro-Harmonix's Ring Thing and it seems to go beyond the call of duty.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reddust

29 May 2019

28 May 2019
Savings? What for? :lol:

I do have some savings actually but they're for moving into a new apartment, anyways they're not much because the music don't let me do it :mrgreen:
28 May 2019
I think GAS never stops, it only changes. I used to spend a lot of money on guitars in the past, then I thought I had enough and was quiet for a while, but then I discovered Reason and came back to VSTi's and here we are again :)

Faastwalker

29 May 2019

Undistraction wrote: ↑
29 May 2019
I stopped buying REs sometime last year and won't buy any more until Propellerhead head convince me Reason has a future.
Nothing has a future on a long enough time scale ............ spend away, there's still time! :D

VariableX

29 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote: ↑
29 May 2019
Undistraction wrote: ↑
29 May 2019
I stopped buying REs sometime last year and won't buy any more until Propellerhead head convince me Reason has a future.
Nothing has a future on a long enough time scale ............ spend away, there's still time! :D
I like this saying and will add it to my list!

Wonder whats gonna end first Reason or low lying ground?

dvdrtldg

30 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote: ↑
29 May 2019
Loque wrote: ↑
29 May 2019

Those aren't very musical to me. My go-to in Reason is the Kilohearts ring mod. The pedal I'm looking at is Electro-Harmonix's Ring Thing and it seems to go beyond the call of duty.
Have you tried the free Melda Productions ring mod? it's really good

• Information