Reason Compact + Audio + Android

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

27 May 2019

Compact is a really exiting concept to me. If Propeller heads were to integrate 2 to 4 audio tracks it would absolutely be a game changer. So you could record a vocal or a guitar at the party on top of the tracks you built with Europa Bass + Rythmik

Unfortunately I don't use Apple IOS. When Props makes this cross platform, available for android. Watch it explode commercially.

What I see is Prop heads Alt business model to sell themed refills for the mobile market. Do you want acid beats or tablas?

these days peoples faces are glued to their phone

It could turn a lot people onto the wondrous Reason full program

PeterP

28 May 2019

Yes, integrating Take into Compact would be awesome. As would Android support.

EnochLight

29 May 2019

Taking into consideration I do use iOS, and have played with Reason Compact 2.0 extensively, I'm starting to wonder what exactly recording audio (even 3-4 tracks) would be useful for - as the app is limited to just 8 bars.

Anyone?

I mean, at least with Take the time you could record was unlimited...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kuhliloach

30 May 2019

New iPads go as low as $250 on sale just sayin' and iOS is a serious audio platform. For adding audio track AUM and Audiobus could bring Reason Compact in on a track.

Jackjackdaw

30 May 2019

This is the story of mobile apps... If it could just do this or just do that it would be awesome. For years and years they make these hobbled little apps. Devices are more powerful than pc.s were a few years ago but you can't do anything on them without hitting a wall. Devs put that wall there by design. They are messing with you.

PeterP

31 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
29 May 2019
Taking into consideration I do use iOS, and have played with Reason Compact 2.0 extensively, I'm starting to wonder what exactly recording audio (even 3-4 tracks) would be useful for - as the app is limited to just 8 bars.

Anyone?

I mean, at least with Take the time you could record was unlimited...
Hopefully it will support more than 8 bars at some point in the future.

But even now you might want to add some vocals to your 8 bar chorus or verse. Or maybe some acoustic guitar?

Might be a good step towards some sampling as well.

• Information