Reason 10.4 Update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reggie1979

25 May 2019

The compressor on Rytmik is weird. Some presets if you hit the kick the snare is muted some and if you turn it off, the volume goes away :question:

Loque

26 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 May 2019
The compressor on Rytmik is weird. Some presets if you hit the kick the snare is muted some and if you turn it off, the volume goes away :question:
Example?
Reason12, Win10

antic604

26 May 2019

I really hate the fact that Rytmik's pads change the focus to the sample! I'm trying to dial in delay settings, hit a hihat to try how it sounds and I'm looking at hihat sample. That's beyond stupid.

Also, is it me or Rytmik's lagging terribly, I mean the GUI updates with considerable delay. I've never noticed this on any native device or 3rd party RE, but here it's just jarring :(

Just like the GUI, everything about Rytmik feels rushed...

EnochLight

26 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 May 2019
I really hate the fact that Rytmik's pads change the focus to the sample! I'm trying to dial in delay settings, hit a hihat to try how it sounds and I'm looking at hihat sample. That's beyond stupid.
I've never been bothered by this, but I always use Reason with a MIDI controller (hence I'm triggering the pad via my controller and I'm able to adjust master/send effects without changing the display). But I can see how it would be irritating for those not using controllers with Reason. :(
antic604 wrote:
26 May 2019
Also, is it me or Rytmik's lagging terribly, I mean the GUI updates with considerable delay. I've never noticed this on any native device or 3rd party RE, but here it's just jarring :(

Just like the GUI, everything about Rytmik feels rushed...
It doesn't lag at all for me. Maybe you found a bug? I'd report it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

123repeater

26 May 2019

I was disappointed when 10.3 was only workflow. But when combined with these 2 new devices (as primitive as they may be) I'm 100 percent happy with my final purchase of the upgrade to Reason 10. Theres some sounds in the mono bass rack that I'll be using a lot going forward. Simple and easy and great sounding. Thanks for completing your Reason 10 promise Props!!!

Loque

26 May 2019

123repeater wrote:
26 May 2019
I was disappointed when 10.3 was only workflow. But when combined with these 2 new devices (as primitive as they may be) I'm 100 percent happy with my final purchase of the upgrade to Reason 10. Theres some sounds in the mono bass rack that I'll be using a lot going forward. Simple and easy and great sounding. Thanks for completing your Reason 10 promise Props!!!
Agree. Payed around 100 bucks for a pack of great synths, fixes, small improvements, new features and a fat performance update...Fair money for fair stuff and PH did a great job expecially with the performance update.
Reason12, Win10

reggie1979

26 May 2019

Loque wrote:
26 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
25 May 2019
Example?
Put on "small and dry" and then try to play the cymbal with the kick. You should get an idea from that.

Loque

26 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
26 May 2019
Loque wrote:
26 May 2019

Example?
Put on "small and dry" and then try to play the cymbal with the kick. You should get an idea from that.
Interesting patch...The compressor has a high Threshold and quite big ratio, quite fast Attack and even a quite fast Release. I would have expected a more punchy sound with such settings. I guess with the much low gain on this patch the Compressor compresses nearly everything until the long bass from the kick gets more quiet. A very creative patch imo and the effects comes even tronger if you play several kicks in short time. Nice once...

Nothing unusal there imo. Reduce the Ratio or increase the Threshold if you want more from the drumset sounds. Maybe i should also mention, that i saw lots of filtering in that drumset - and i dunno when this compressor kicks in, but a quick "ear" it sounds like it kicks in a low end and high end.
Reason12, Win10

reggie1979

26 May 2019

It's just weird to me. I love that sample of that cymbal tweaked but can't really record it right unless I do the snare on a separate track (which luckily is easy to do)

Loque

26 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
26 May 2019
It's just weird to me. I love that sample of that cymbal tweaked but can't really record it right unless I do the snare on a separate track (which luckily is easy to do)
Yea, just use 2 or more separated instances. Job done.

Did you tried the back outputs? Are those ones dry outputs?
Reason12, Win10

reggie1979

26 May 2019

Not yet but I will.

demt

26 May 2019

an unexpected luvely pair of extras for the instrument the browser
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

dusan.cani

27 May 2019

But yes, Monotone is a really BIG sounding synth. It cuts thru the mix very well. I feel now that I have Moog sounding synth in my rack...and for free, thanks...And remember, don't hesitate to use it for other sounds too. Arps, synths and leads are possible as well.
Last edited by dusan.cani on 27 May 2019, edited 2 times in total.

chaosroyale

27 May 2019

You know how overdrive and saturation works on things like preamps? Many analog filters have a similar thing where driving them harder can clip and/or saturate the feedback section and/or filter. The MS-20 is pretty well known for it (*PMS-20 RE is pretty good by the way).

The monotone RE has a drive control for its filter sections. Subtractor, which is a hugely superior synth, one of Reasons native devices, and light enough to easily run on iOS by the way, could really use a drive control, but doesn't have one. I am baffled that they made a whole new less powerful synth but then gave it some features that would have been welcome on one of their main standard devices.
Creativemind wrote:
25 May 2019
May I ask, what is filter overdrive?

miscend

27 May 2019

Eprom wrote:
24 May 2019
I don't think I will ever use Rytmik, but Monotone is great!
They should have made the new devices optional downloads like the other devices. No point taking up space if you’re not gonna use it.

angelobucc

29 May 2019

Is any one having trouble with chopping mp3/audio files with the new update? Since i've updated to 10.4 i'm having complete problems chopping audio for sampling. If I cut or manipulate the sample to an extent i will completely lose the sample and have to undo every single edit i did to the sample. Then when I want to export the sample loop, it have doesnt have any playback! I NEED HELP ASAP, I'M LOSING INSPIRATION AS I TYPE!!! IS IT THE UPDATE??

botnotbot

29 May 2019

angelobucc wrote:
29 May 2019
Is any one having trouble with chopping mp3/audio files with the new update? Since i've updated to 10.4 i'm having complete problems chopping audio for sampling. If I cut or manipulate the sample to an extent i will completely lose the sample and have to undo every single edit i did to the sample. Then when I want to export the sample loop, it have doesnt have any playback! I NEED HELP ASAP, I'M LOSING INSPIRATION AS I TYPE!!! IS IT THE UPDATE??
What do you mean by "lose the sample"? :(

I haven't upgraded to 10.4 because I'm in the middle of, ironically, a sampling heavy project. So I'm not able to confirm but am definitely concerned.

Creativemind

29 May 2019

chaosroyale wrote:
27 May 2019
You know how overdrive and saturation works on things like preamps? Many analog filters have a similar thing where driving them harder can clip and/or saturate the feedback section and/or filter. The MS-20 is pretty well known for it (*PMS-20 RE is pretty good by the way).

The monotone RE has a drive control for its filter sections. Subtractor, which is a hugely superior synth, one of Reasons native devices, and light enough to easily run on iOS by the way, could really use a drive control, but doesn't have one. I am baffled that they made a whole new less powerful synth but then gave it some features that would have been welcome on one of their main standard devices.
Creativemind wrote:
25 May 2019
May I ask, what is filter overdrive?
Thanks for clarifying.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information