Reason Compact 2.0

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

23 May 2019

Okay, now it's getting a bit more interesting;

DISCLAIMER: Anyone posting asking for an Android version will be banned!! :D

Aosta

23 May 2019

Looks interesting for sure and I'm hoping there will be some integration with Figure and Take and ideally would be awesome if all apps melded into one.
Still a long way from actual Reason Compact and competition for Korg Gadget.
Tend the flame

ECHLN

23 May 2019

Noticing an aesthetic lately with Reason products and I like it a lot.

motuscott

23 May 2019

Can I haz Android?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

diminished
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

motuscott wrote:
23 May 2019
Can I haz Android?
Yes plz 1 anroid plz ty
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

dezma

23 May 2019

So.. even after years of faithfully upgrading each version and buying a ridiculous amount of RE's you now need to pay to unlock each of the 3 parts for 11€

diminished
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

I just demoed the drum sets on my computer, they're pretty spot on and well designed (and are for free on your main machine, even for Reason Lite!). I don't think 1€$/pack is too extreme. Just don't buy all of them if you don't need them. And it's compatible to your desktop, isn't that great? Think of them as RE that you can use on your phone too for a fee. I'm very, very outspoken against cheeky and exploitative business moves but honestly this is not one of them...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
23 May 2019

DISCLAIMER: Anyone posting asking for an Android version will be banned!! :D
I can't wait until there is, cos the question will then be what about a Huawei version?!

... do I sound bitter...?

:lol: :roll: :evil:

Faastwalker

23 May 2019

AUS $14.99 for Europa & AUS $14.99 for Rytmik. Not exactly ‘FREE’. But now we have the devices in Reason 10.4, it makes more sense & the lure is more tempting. I’m close to biting I have to admit.

tiker01

23 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
23 May 2019
AUS $14.99 for Europa & AUS $14.99 for Rytmik. Not exactly ‘FREE’. But now we have the devices in Reason 10.4, it makes more sense & the lure is more tempting. I’m close to biting I have to admit.
Well one can use them without the advanced pages for free with the factory sounds while the app is completely free.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

craven

23 May 2019

It's a nice surprise and what Compact needed to begin with. Of course I would prefer the whole thing to cost 10 bucks and it's missing features that Figure and Take have. Hopefully those will be implemented as well and it becomes a serious pocket studio. I'm actually happy that this app is maturing and yeah, an Android version needs to come as well. Tl;dr: I like it so far.
:ugeek:

joeyluck

23 May 2019

An Android version would be great, my phone is an Android, so I wouldn't object. But I took the little leap and bought an iPad Mini last year. The Mini and the regular iPad are priced nicely.

For me, part of the reason is that there is an app for controlling QLab and various other theatre things only available for iOS... but also, there's simply just overall more music making apps available for iOS. So while I'd like this or that developer to make their apps available on Android, there are so many (reminds me of requesting developers port their VSTs to RE) it was just easier to get an iPad...

Noplan
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

all well and good. but if you cross the street, watch the traffic and do not play with reason compact, if your life is important to you. :D

RDS

23 May 2019

The names of the drums are in the wrong order, that is kick sounds like perc and so on when you're in the seqencing page. (Ipad 2018)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Magnus (the PH CTO) was on the Android event just recently here in Cali. Google showed the new Android audio/midi features, so it looks like Android finally will become as good as iOS for music apps, and PH is very in-tune with what is going on there. My guess the Android will come but they need some time to work on it since it seems it is all relatively new. That's my guess. And your phone mfg must do the OS upgrade too, which isn't always happening that quickly. Maybe for Christmas?

They are going after NI and iMaschine, even the vid is sooo similar:

It's good though as you need that entry point for new users and Compact+Lite has a much lower entry than Machine that needs at least a $250 hw investment.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

CaptainBlack

23 May 2019

RDS wrote:
23 May 2019
The names of the drums are in the wrong order, that is kick sounds like perc and so on when you're in the seqencing page. (Ipad 2018)
Yes, I've got that too. Bit shoddy.

Faastwalker

23 May 2019

tiker01 wrote:
23 May 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
23 May 2019
Well one can use them without the advanced pages for free with the factory sounds while the app is completely free.
True. It's free to try, which is cool. I didn't bite previously & deleted the App. But Reason Compact 2.0 + the Reason update means I'm definitely going to download again. With the added features & improved Reason integration it's a much more enticing prospect now.

kuhliloach

23 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
23 May 2019
Magnus (the PH CTO) was on the Android event just recently here in Cali. Google showed the new Android audio/midi features, so it looks like Android finally will become as good as iOS for music apps, and PH is very in-tune with what is going on there. My guess the Android will come but they need some time to work on it since it seems it is all relatively new. That's my guess. And your phone mfg must do the OS upgrade too, which isn't always happening that quickly. Maybe for Christmas?

It's good though as you need that entry point for new users and Compact+Lite has a much lower entry than Machine that needs at least a $250 hw investment.
Going after NI shouldn't be any problem. NI is at the bottom of the list on iOS. Which is sad because their products have potential. They never gave iMaschine2 MIDI support and no updates in almost 3 years.

PeterP

24 May 2019

I tried it for a couple of hours yesterday.

1) Is there a manual somewhere?

2) How can I rename the song ideas?

3) Is there a way to make the cursor follow the song if the clip is more than 1 bar?

4) Can I easily clear out one row in the drum machine clip editor? Let's say I want to delete the "toms" and "percussion" but keep the rest.

Some bugs I found:

1) It freezes every time I move back from a running song to the song list. Have to restart the app. Luckily the song is not lost.

2) The names in the drum machine clip editor don't match the sound. The Kick sound is at the bottom but it's written over the top row.

Overall I like the built in devices and sounds but the "sequencer" part isn't that easy to work with compared to GarageBand.

fieldframe
RE Developer

24 May 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
23 May 2019
Boombastix wrote:
23 May 2019

Going after NI shouldn't be any problem. NI is at the bottom of the list on iOS. Which is sad because their products have potential. They never gave iMaschine2 MIDI support and no updates in almost 3 years.
iMaschine is a relic. A modern iPad Pro, or these days even just a recent base-model iPad is more than powerful enough to run a full version of Maschine. Obviously NI would have to make a major investment in porting the software and designing a touch-centric UI, but can you imagine a Maschine Mikro paired with an iPad? It would be even better than the "standalone Maschine" people keep asking for.

Loque

24 May 2019

What are all those tiny little modules?
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

24 May 2019

Loque wrote:
24 May 2019
What are all those tiny little modules?
Where did you find this?

Hmmm... Manicken and Rythemiser? I like the looks of these with performance controls. Are these just GUI concepts?
manicken.png
manicken.png (86.43 KiB) Viewed 4628 times

• Information