Sharing Reason Projects

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Enferno Muzik

19 May 2019

I did search for this topic before asking. I'm coming from protools 12 to reason 10. How can I send my friend my mix sessions? We both have reason and would like to Collab on mixes. I try to copy them to Google drive or zip them but something is blocking it. Any help is appreciated

Oquasec

20 May 2019

Encrypt some Zips & be on ya way, instant
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Djstarski

20 May 2019

Enferno Muzik wrote:
19 May 2019
I did search for this topic before asking. I'm coming from protools 12 to reason 10. How can I send my friend my mix sessions? We both have reason and would like to Collab on mixes. I try to copy them to Google drive or zip them but something is blocking it. Any help is appreciated

I use we transfer . Dropbox is another one you can use . It all depends how big your files are . 30mb and under you can send via email.

Hope this helps

mashers

20 May 2019

I put all my Reason projects on Dropbox to keep them backed up and synced between my computers. The Dropbox client just pushes any changes up to the cloud and then the other computers detect the change and download the files. You can also share folders in Dropbox, so your friend and you could both have access to the same files.

tiker01

20 May 2019

Have you closed the Reason projects before ziping or uploading them?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

diminished
Competition Winner

20 May 2019

tiker01 wrote:
20 May 2019
Have you closed the Reason projects before ziping or uploading them?
This. Doesn't matter if you recently saved, you gotta close the project.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

mashers

20 May 2019

Oh good point guys. The same goes for Dropbox (and probably other cloud-based services). Even if you save, the modified file won't be pushed up to the cloud. You have to close the Reason file first. To make absolutely certain, I periodically quit Reason entirely when I'm on a long studio session. Then I watch the Dropbox symbol on the toolbar and wait for it to finish syncing, then click it and make sure it's synced that file, then re-open Reason and continue. If that sounds paranoid, you don't even want to know about my backup routine ;)

• Information