Add Attack Slice Edit Mode to Dr. OctoRex

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
friday

18 May 2019

Hi there just seen this video...

... an was checking if it would be possible, to simply do similar things in Reason.
Dr. Octo Rex came to my mind, but then i realized that id does not have attack as a slice edit mode. :-(

So i start this thread to gather more voices, who wants this feature in a updated Dr. Octo Rex???
Screenshot_20190518_233315.jpg
Screenshot_20190518_233315.jpg (481.67 KiB) Viewed 662 times

Electric-Metal

18 May 2019

+1 for that.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

He specifically states (and you can see it in the video) that he applies volume automation to the loop. You can do that too in the sequencer.
Now if you translate this to DrOctoRex you would have to dial down the level knob for your first slice. Admittedly you would bring down the whole slice in volume and not just the transient. But I still don't know if I needed such a feature in DrOctoRex when I could easily go to the sequencer for such micromanagement. It's also fast: alt-click on master volume or attack in your amp envelope, draw a clip, draw automation, duplicate clip as many times as needed, done.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BRIGGS

18 May 2019

Could be faster just use Synchronous to automate the level.
r11s

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

BRIGGS wrote:
18 May 2019
Yes, good one! That way you could also tame the transient only if the curve in Synchronous is short enough.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BRIGGS

18 May 2019

diminished wrote:
18 May 2019
BRIGGS wrote:
18 May 2019
Yes, good one! That way you could also tame the transient only if the curve in Synchronous is short enough.
A slow way would be to load each slice into Kong and dial the attack on a 'per slice' basis, or use the transient shaper.
r11s

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

tRY nURSErEX INSIDE kong - i PREFER THIS REX PLAYER OVER DR OCTOREX. (oh, caps was on, lol)
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

BRIGGS

18 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
18 May 2019
tRY nURSErEX INSIDE kong - i PREFER THIS REX PLAYER OVER DR OCTOREX. (oh, caps was on, lol)
CAPS ARE GOOOOOD!!!!
r11s

friday

19 May 2019

Thanks for all your inputs, but I still think it would be helpfull to influence the transients direct in the slice edit mode.
(transient shaper influence all, but often I only want to influence transients for a few)

And for the automation of volume in the sequencer, there you don't have a visual overlap with the waveform.

I was allso thinking about synchronius, but there is also no direct visual overlap with the waveform, and if you need fast curves, you can only use it for 32 step long loops.

Have to try Kong, but if i am right, then i can only use Rex loops with 16 steps.

• Information