Fresh Install after crash: Preferences gone?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Palmeira

13 May 2019

Hi all,

I've had a few crashes probably due to my Balance getting rather old (reported as problem with Balance.sys) and until Reason 10.3 I don't believe this was a problem, I simply restarted the computer and got going where I left off. But now I've had 2 occasions where on restarting after a crash Reason appears to thin it's a fresh install. On trying to run Reason (either from the icon on the desktop or actually going to C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 10\ and double clicking Reason.exe) It presents with the dialog box to choose the language to use and then when Reason opens all my recent projects are not listed under the file menu and the skin is back to default etc. It's not the end of the world - my VST's still have their thumbnails at least but I'm thinking there's probably some preferences file that Reason relies on and which the absence of may result in this issue.

Anyone got any ideas????

Thanks

Aiden

boingy

13 May 2019

On a standard Windows install the prefs and stuff live in your %APPDATA% folder:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason

(You can type %APPDATA% into Explorer to get halfway there)

Palmeira

13 May 2019

Thanks Mate, the thumbs live appdata/local...... but you're right the preferences appear to live in appdata\roaming........ and it looks like there may be a backup so I'll see what I can do with that.

Cheers

• Information