Reason stuck on "pre calculated to complete..."

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stickup11

12 May 2019

Hi,
I got reason stuck on "pre calculated to complete..." when trying to render a mixdown with reason 10. It's been over an hour and it's still stuck.
I used to be able to render this project last time i was messing around with it, and the only difference is that i had less channels.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Best Regards

Stickup11

NekujaK

12 May 2019

Don't know if this is in the ballpark, but when you loaded your project into Reason, did the little disc above the CPU meter show one or more white pie wedges? And if so, did you try to render before all the wedges were "filled"?

If that's not it, I would try muting individual tracks until Reason can successfully render, then figure out what's going on with the offending track. Maybe there's a weird feedback loop in the routing. You can try bouncing that track.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

ScuzzyEye

13 May 2019

Reason also has to recalculate if you're exporting at a different sampling rate than you've been working.

aojbooker

21 Mar 2021

The problem may be that you're using tempo automation to change the tempo for a part of the song. I just had this problem today actually. I was editing a project where the overall tempo was at 120, but there were a few audio recordings which were recorded at a tempo of 119, and so reason automatically stretched those files in order to make them the same tempo as the overall project, unfortunately making those specific audio files sound a little robotic. My solution was to use tempo automation for the part of the song where those specific audio clips where playing so that the overall tempo of the project automatically dipped back to 119, the tempo where those clips are comfortable at (since they were recorded at 119, they would sound better if the overall tempo of the song was at 119). This was supposed to fix the problem, however when I tried to export my project as an audio file, the "pre-calculation" seemed to be stuck and I was convinced that it was never going to finish; in fact I have no idea if it even can finish since I've never actually encountered this process before today. I didn't have the time to wait to see if it would eventually work so I had to find a solution. I did some research online and realized that you can right click on audio clips and press "disable stretch" on the drop down menu so that those clips don't automatically conform to the overall tempo of the project. I did that instead of automating the tempo. This change made the pre-calculation process much faster and it no longer seemed to be stuck when I tried again to export the project as an audio file.
Btw, I also learned that you can always see if pre-calculation is going to be necessary for a project if you look at the bottom right corner of reason where that "pie" icon seems to be....it would say whether or not it is doing calculations.

I know I'm responding to this pretty late but I hope it helps someone, because I know that it really would have helped me.

This is the link for the website that saved me:

http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... 08.09.html

Gstatys

15 Mar 2022

Reason 12 sucks. Sometimes projects export swiftly. Sometimes for no reason it gets stuck at pre calculating for either HOURS or indefinitely. Terrible terrible DAW update. Solid chance I’m going to have to completely change to protools or abelton. Bad on you PropellerHead 🤦🏼‍♂️. Seriously gross.

• Information