Help me Create a ballot to vote on Reason Features

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

11 May 2019

There have been many threads of wish lists for 11. But the data is all over the place.
There is even a dedicated sub grouping about "Feature Requests" but it's not on the Reason General tab.
The idea is to create a more scientific approach to give Propheads better data on our priorities ( at least for all on this forum
Could we collaborate with moderators to create a list of features and format it l like a ballot?
with a box on the left hand side. In the box you would label it with a number in order of priority.
We give it a month and tally results.
It would not be really scientific as it would only be the microcosm of Reason Talk members.
But I think it would help the R &D for the next release
Just an Idea

(PS I attended a Reason conference in LA years many years ago. everybody kept asking about recording audio and within a few years they did it because the demand was great

Loque

11 May 2019

I like the idea, but I am a bit tired of requesting the same again and again. There were to many threads with a big bunch of voting lists...
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

11 May 2019

Loque wrote:
11 May 2019
I like the idea, but I am a bit tired of requesting the same again and again. There were to many threads with a big bunch of voting lists...
While this is a very common stance, perhaps propellerhead would act kindly knowing it would be a voting system from some of their most hardcore users? Reason talk appears to be the strongest/most useful place for Reason users to chat and exchange ideas :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

joeyluck

12 May 2019

calebbrennan wrote:
11 May 2019
There have been many threads of wish lists for 11. But the data is all over the place.
There is even a dedicated sub grouping about "Feature Requests" but it's not on the Reason General tab.
The idea is to create a more scientific approach to give Propheads better data on our priorities ( at least for all on this forum
Could we collaborate with moderators to create a list of features and format it l like a ballot?
with a box on the left hand side. In the box you would label it with a number in order of priority.
We give it a month and tally results.
It would not be really scientific as it would only be the microcosm of Reason Talk members.
But I think it would help the R &D for the next release
Just an Idea
Well as you know, the polls here are pretty limited, but good for gauging interest in single ideas.

Propellerhead does do surveys though, which different users will receive from time to time. And Propellerhead will use them maybe to gauge interest in what they think might be some of the most wanted features (or simply ideas they might be spitballing). So they do have research after all. I'm guessing they look here, social media, etc., discuss within the company and create surveys to get more outside opinions.

You could put something together using Google forms. Maybe not exactly as you propose, but you could have users rate each feature on a scale of 1-10, rather than putting them all in order. Which might be a less daunting task when voting. But you'd get similar stats of what folks think should be priority.

Here's an example:

https://forms.gle/HMfFkxhCbSVatthY7

The first step before doing that would be to collect requests and build the sheet...offer it for review...add and edit...and then have voting. I think you can even make it so you can add to it in middle of polling and allow people to edit the answers.

MannequinRaces

12 May 2019

I think Reasontalk members make up an extremely small slice of the total Reason community. We might be a good barometer but certainly don't dictate upcoming features, lol. I think what Joey suggests is a great idea. The more places and info Propellerhead can glean from its users the better. However, I think the best option as for those of you that really want a feature implemented / added is to contact them directly and let them know. At least some companies keep a list of feature requests and normally the ones with the most frequency will given the most thought.

• Information