A Question About RE Licensing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sprinkles__

09 May 2019

Hello all,

I currently have a license for Reason 7, but was thinking of upgrading soon. One thing i was wondering is whether the license for Radical Piano that comes with Reason 10 would work when using version 7? Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

EnochLight

09 May 2019

sprinkles__ wrote:
09 May 2019
Hello all,

I currently have a license for Reason 7, but was thinking of upgrading soon. One thing i was wondering is whether the license for Radical Piano that comes with Reason 10 would work when using version 7? Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.
If you upgrade to Reason 10, then Radical Piano is automatically included as a "stock device". If you own the RE currently on an older version of Reason, then it will remain on your account so you can still download it separately in pre-version 10.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sprinkles__

10 May 2019

I'm not sure if you understood the question. I meant it to be posed from the perspective of one who does not currently own the Radical Piano RE. Is the license not valid for use in a previous software version? In my account it shows that i have RE licenses for Audiomatic, Synchronous, both released as bundled plugins with version 7. Would the same not be true of Radical Piano for version 10? And would that license not be valid in using the RE in a previous version from that with which it came bundled?

EnochLight

10 May 2019

sprinkles__ wrote:
10 May 2019
I'm not sure if you understood the question. I meant it to be posed from the perspective of one who does not currently own the Radical Piano RE. Is the license not valid for use in a previous software version? In my account it shows that i have RE licenses for Audiomatic, Synchronous, both released as bundled plugins with version 7. Would the same not be true of Radical Piano for version 10? And would that license not be valid in using the RE in a previous version from that with which it came bundled?
Ah I see now. I'm afraid I can't answer that for certain, but my guess is - if you did not buy the Radical Piano RE first, then you will only be able to use it (included) in Reason 10, assuming you upgrade. But I'm afraid I can't test that theory, as I already owned Radical Piano before upgrading to 10 (so I still have it for use in earlier versions of Reason).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

If you did not buy previously Radical Piano it will show up as a "Reason Devices" unit in the R10 browser. I don't know about earlier versions when buying RP separately, but if it shows up as a "Propellerhead Software" device in R7, then I would ask PH support if they merge them together as one R10 only license or not.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

sprinkles__

11 May 2019

Ok, thanks for the replies.

• Information