Generate a chord with CV to send to RPG-8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bloma

06 May 2019

It's probably best to look at the project file first, because I suck at explaining this. What I'm trying to achieve is have the exact same thing that's happening right now in that file, but have the Scales & Chords player functioning on top of it.

At the moment, the chord is just in the RPG-8 note lane. The rate of the arp is being modulated by a slow sine wave LFO. I was trying to use a random LFO to generate notes, then feed it through Thor to transpose, but it wouldn't always play a different note. I tried a bunch of different things, I've been stuck on this for a couple of days now.
Attachments
ArpChord Eg.reason.zip
(78.31 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Bloma

07 May 2019

I haven't, as it requires Reason 10 and I'm on 9, but I might upgrade. If I can do this, it'll open up a lot of possibilities.

mjxl

08 May 2019

Not sure if this one can help you out? Can't test cause at work.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rack-extension/ivy/

Feed it through this guy?
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... akout-box/

Bloma

08 May 2019

Thanks mjxl, I had a muck around with Ivy, but couldn't figure it out yet. Does it actually generate CV signals? I also tried to use Aftermath CV Generator, running through Breakout Box or MoPol, but couldn't get it working. I feel like there's something fundamental I don't understand here.

mjxl

08 May 2019

So I rearranged the combinator a bit, is this what you mean ?
Last edited by mjxl on 09 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

mjxl

08 May 2019

Add another scales and chords behind to put them back in scale

Bloma

08 May 2019

Cheers for that! I couldn't get the combinator to open, probably because I'm on Reason 9, but I'm about to upgrade to 10, just backing up my stuff.

mjxl

09 May 2019

I'm on R10 yeah, and I think I failed.. Not sure Xd

If you're going to Reason 10 some more options will be available, like CV Player Tap. Can crack our heads a bit more on this :V

/edit: well i removed my attached combi, will have a go soon \o/ almost weekend.....

• Information