Is Reason 11 the most anticipated Reason release ever?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

Post 11 May 2019

Oquasec wrote:
03 May 2019
Reason 11 will be good
It would be nice if they could make it to where I can off load those RE samples out of the My Music folder to a separate drive like other DAWs do with their content. I don't want to hear about that make link crap.

mjxl

Post 11 May 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
11 May 2019
Oquasec wrote:
03 May 2019
Reason 11 will be good
It would be nice if they could make it to where I can off load those RE samples out of the My Music folder to a separate drive like other DAWs do with their content. I don't want to hear about that make link crap.
You can actually move the Music folder via Windows' own built-in way.
Right click Music folder, go to Location (3rd tab on screenshot) and enter your location, then Windows will ask you "Shall we move everything??" and you're done.
Music Folder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TritoneAddiction

Post 11 May 2019

For me it's probably the least anticipated release. To be honest I'm pretty content with Reason right now, especially after the latest performance update which was great.

I mean my wishlist is pretty short: Curved automation.
That's about it. :lol: And even though that would be nice to have, I get by pretty well without it.

But if there's something included in Reason 11 that excites me that I haven't thought about then I'll probably upgrade.

siriussounds

Post 11 May 2019

mcatalao wrote:
03 May 2019
:lol:

sdst

Post 12 May 2019

actually Reason10 is very good, I can wait two more years for Reason 11

fieldframe

Post 12 May 2019

According to my data, we passed the average (going back to 2011) time between major Reason versions back on April 1st.

Assuming 30 days between announcement / beta and release, next month on June 17, it will be the longest time between Reason versions since the Record era!

If we get closer to that date, or even go past it, this is going to become one of the most anticipated releases in recent memory simply because it's been a longer time coming.
Professional Rack Extension user interface design
Pongasoft CVA-7 | ReSpire layout concept

Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

stp2015

Post 13 May 2019

I hope reason 11 will be called "Reason HD" or "Reason 4k" or "Reason VR". :puf_smile:

boingy

Post 14 May 2019

stp2015 wrote:
13 May 2019
I hope reason 11 will be called "Reason HD" or "Reason 4k" or "Reason VR". :puf_smile:
How about Reason VGA? 640 pixels, 8 bit samples, runs entirely off a floppy disk.

reggie1979

Post 14 May 2019

:lol:

nooomy

Post 15 May 2019

A Live mod would be cool similar to the one that Ableton Live has! Imagine preforming live with reason like ableton! Awsome!

zoidkirb

Post 15 May 2019

The people that always want reason to adopt ableton live's session view might want to look into finding a cheap copy of live lite and doing the rewire thing. Launching and editing clips to drive midi and automations to combinators I found to be surprisingly easy to setup and solid.

reggie1979

Post 15 May 2019

But what I hate about Live is that you get one vst path. I had to say it.

zoidkirb

Post 15 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
I'm not sure exactly what you mean and it's been a little while since I've used Live in depth but: you can stick vst's directly on each instrument track, and each track has two additional (group) fx bus sends . More than enough options I think for a live performance scenario.

reggie1979

Post 15 May 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
15 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
I'm not sure exactly what you mean and it's been a little while since I've used Live in depth but: you can stick vst's directly on each instrument track, and each track has two additional (group) fx bus sends . More than enough options I think for a live performance scenario.
What I mean, (and it's not really super important to most) is that Live only has ONE vst path for recognition. Yeah, you can move everything to one folder (vsts, steinberg, etc) but live doesn't allow more than one path. Or at least it didn't last time I tried it (which was live lite 10 or similar)

zoidkirb

Post 15 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
15 May 2019

What I mean, (and it's not really super important to most) is that Live only has ONE vst path for recognition. Yeah, you can move everything to one folder (vsts, steinberg, etc) but live doesn't allow more than one path. Or at least it didn't last time I tried it (which was live lite 10 or similar)
Ah yes i just looked, and that's lame! There is a workaround that involves placing shortcuts in the custom vst folder. Feels kinda hacky tbh.

• Information