Close window without popping it into another window?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kenchiltk

21 Apr 2019

This has been driving me nuts hehe, I set my windows so I have the sequencer, rack, and mixer open as 3 different windows I can alt/tab to in windows 10.

Sometimes I close say the mixer or the rack window, and then it pops into the sequencer or some other window ruining the layout of that window, I now have to switch to that window and remove whatever popped into it from there so it doesnt ruin the layout of that window making me forget where i was in that window.

Is there a way i can have it so when i close a window its just closed and GONE, not popping into some other window ruining that windows layout making me forget where I was in that window until i get everyting that popped into that window removed to restore the layout.

It's completely infuriating, I close a window because i want it GONE, if i need it again I'll open it again :)

joeyluck

21 Apr 2019

Sounds like you're going to want to minimize the window rather than close it if you need it out of the way. You can't completely get rid of them (rack, mixer, sequencer). If you're on macOS, you can also setup separate workspaces. Maybe something similar on Windows?

mjxl

22 Apr 2019

joeyluck wrote:
21 Apr 2019
Sounds like you're going to want to minimize the window rather than close it if you need it out of the way. You can't completely get rid of them (rack, mixer, sequencer). If you're on macOS, you can also setup separate workspaces. Maybe something similar on Windows?
You totally can (Windows 10)
Win + Tab, create new space on top. Drag sequencer + mixer to second workspace.

• Information