Bouncing with Master insert FX

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rokwell84

18 Apr 2019

New here, but have been using Reason for a while.

Here's the issue I'm running into: I have VST versions of Fab Filter and Waves plugins inserted on the Master section (patched across the insert fx section). Whether I do the "Bounce Mixer Channels," or if I do "Export Song As," the result sounds very obviously different from the session playback. I'm guessing it's because it's not actually bouncing through those FX for some reason (even though they're clearly working during playback).

A couple things I already double checked:
1. "Bounce Mixer Channels"...I went back and made sure that the option to bounce with all settings is selected, and that I'm only bouncing the Master Section. Good there.
2. I made sure I didn't bypass the FX I inserted on the master section
3. Yes, it really is different. It's extremely obvious since I have more than one stage of compression.

Has anyone else encountered this? My solution for now will be to rewire it into Pro Tools and record it that way, but I'd rather not have to do that every time.

Running Reason 10.x (can't remember exactly) on a late 2016 MacBook Pro with High Sierra.

(Side note: I know I can apply those FX later in a different DAW, but I'd really rather not. That's a huge time waster and drawback.)

• Information