Soooo ... what is there left to complain about (2019) ...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

30 Apr 2019

xbitz wrote:
30 Apr 2019
inbuilt combinator backdrop browser would be handy ... https://www.reasonistas.com/combinator-backdrops
:-D That would be a nice-to-have, but it is on a very low priority on my side...
Reason12, Win10

qn5

30 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2019
fullforce wrote:

Yeah it's so useless that even music publishers use it nowadays.
MP3 is not a professional delivery format. When you submit to a publisher or distributor you send it to them in a lossless format. You can’t submit MP3s to Apple, Spotify or Netflix (if you do post).
That's not true at all. Many sync-houses ask for MP3s when they pitch for projects. Direct mp3 export would be helpful to save time having to open something like Soundforge to convert, etc. Especially now that the patent rights for mp3 expired.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

xbitz

30 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
30 Apr 2019
xbitz wrote:
30 Apr 2019
inbuilt combinator backdrop browser would be handy ... https://www.reasonistas.com/combinator-backdrops
:-D That would be a nice-to-have, but it is on a very low priority on my side...
sure :puf_smile: ... but it would be just another entry in the browser ... and putting sylenth1, serum etc. into their own combinators not just looks cool but also informative so complaining about it :crazy: ofc. MIDI note muting also would be handy ... :mrgreen:
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

kuhliloach

30 Apr 2019

Propellerhead has a player bundle for $149 but I already own two of them. So... why is Propellerheads trying to sell me products I already own? Shouldn't my price for that bundle be approximately 33% lower? Is it that difficult to calculate a bundle price based on what I've already purchased. *OFFICIAL COMPLAINT*

mashers

30 Apr 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
30 Apr 2019
Propellerhead has a player bundle for $149 but I already own two of them. So... why is Propellerheads trying to sell me products I already own? Shouldn't my price for that bundle be approximately 33% lower? Is it that difficult to calculate a bundle price based on what I've already purchased. *OFFICIAL COMPLAINT*
Yup, along with the endless emails telling me how much I can save if I buy Reason 10, when I've already bought it.

reggie1979

30 Apr 2019

Well, to play the B-side, their emails are automated and they would have a really hard to catering specifically.

I say put the time into implementing stuff we are complaining about not having (and the crowd cheers!)

reggie1979

01 May 2019

Oh, I forgot. Tabbing to rename the next track would be a handy dandy feature.

mashers

02 May 2019

I wish the sequencer would remember where you were in song view when changing back and forth between blocks. When I use blocks they tend to be 4-16 bars long. Switching to block view to adjust something in the block causes you to be dumped back to bar 4-16 of the song, even if you were much further along in song view.

okaino

03 May 2019

mashers wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Ugh, change "redo" to Command+Shift+Z on a Mac. Command+Y for redo is not the system-wide standard and it bugs me every single time. The key combinations are clearly already wrapped in #ifdef statements so they recognise the correct qualifier key depending on the platform. So the binding for this should be changed on the Mac version.
you can change that yourself. Check the beginning of the manual and it explains how to do it for a mac. you can even assign track colors to shortcuts

calming

04 May 2019

Matt9 wrote:
26 Apr 2019
My main complaint is the fact that changing the pitch of an audio clip when stretch is disabled does not allow the length of the waveform to naturally follow as physics normally dictates. This is not a true disabling of stretch. If you change the pitch of an audio clip and it remains the same length then some form of "stretch" audio processing is happening. What's more frustrating is that the person at Propellerhead who responded to my emails about this did not really understand what I was talking about. They simply suggested manipulating the audio in one of Reason's samplers, completely missing my point. Apart from the logical incongruency of that part of the software, I also desire this behavior because of my own particular workflow preferences. If Reason would simply do this one thing correctly it would add about 50% more value to me. Maybe more.
STRONGLY agree. I can't believe you cannot do this in Reason without using NNXT etc. It would actually be a simpler feature than what it already does. Just play back at a lower sample rate - so simple. Type in a time to fit, or a percentage, or how many semi-tones. Duh. Seems like a very simple feature to add. TURN OFF PITCH CORRECTION. TURN OFF SPEED CORRECTION. Keep it all off! Turn off the Recycle-related features. Audacity can do this! Pretty sure Cool Edit in the 90s could do this - type in a time and it would render the selection at a sample rate that would naturally equal the length you gave it. Yes, we want to slow a WAV down like a turntable or a tape. So simple. WTF. Alright I need to calm down...

mashers

17 May 2019

okaino wrote:
03 May 2019
mashers wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Ugh, change "redo" to Command+Shift+Z on a Mac. Command+Y for redo is not the system-wide standard and it bugs me every single time. The key combinations are clearly already wrapped in #ifdef statements so they recognise the correct qualifier key depending on the platform. So the binding for this should be changed on the Mac version.
you can change that yourself. Check the beginning of the manual and it explains how to do it for a mac. you can even assign track colors to shortcuts
I've just remembered to give this a try, but can't find it in the manual. Would you mind directing me to the correct section please? :)

Edit - never mind, I've just searched in the PDF for "assign" and found it :D

mashers

17 May 2019

mashers wrote:
17 May 2019
okaino wrote:
03 May 2019

I've just remembered to give this a try, but can't find it in the manual. Would you mind directing me to the correct section please? :)

Edit - never mind, I've just searched in the PDF for "assign" and found it :D
Edit 2 - hang on, no I haven't. I was looking on page 37 about reassigning the function keys, which is something different. I still can't found how to change the redo key combo

soroc sosta

17 May 2019

mreese80 wrote:
20 Apr 2019
Still no real-time audio slicing. Which they would add glide mode like they have in Fl Studio and maschine so we can bend the 808s. I don't like having to draw in the points. It's time consuming and slows the work flow. I use maschine as a vst to do that. Note repeat on the Kong would be dope. More banks for Kong would be dope. MPC software has 8 banks we can switch to if needed. I don't need that many...just saying. 16 level mode for Kong would be dope. Kong emulates MPC in a way so let's make it more MPC'ish lol. But theres Serato for all the real-time slicing and 16 level mode but Reason should have it. These are things I would like to see. The same requests as before. :D
THIS....PLEEZE! :thumbs_up:

Lokey

17 May 2019

A new logo rework by shapes and colors,
video support like in cubase ,
better midi edit (highlight scale, ghost notes)
and at least one Big real Native Player sequencer (16 channel 32 step on screen at least)
fl mobile

KGB

29 Aug 2019

Lack of Shortcuts
mp3 export
Markers
Auto Punch

• Information