Soooo ... what is there left to complain about (2019) ...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
two shoes

23 Apr 2019

nah, because people who don't use Reason at all don't post feature requests on Reason forums, and most people who need this simply walk away and use another DAW when they realize Reason doesn't support their workflow. also, you can tell no one cares about it because it didn't get brought up by four or five different people in the first couple pages of this thread where the op didn't even mention it. also there aren't multiple other long threads devoted to it in the past month or so, unlike all those other important features on the op's list. oh wait....

EdGrip

23 Apr 2019

two shoes wrote:
23 Apr 2019
lol, maybe no one will notice the brackets where you deleted most of the sentence to change it's meaning...
No probs
two shoes wrote: ↑
21 Apr 2019

You left out the feature that's more commonly requested and more important to the largest number of users than all of this stuff put together except, arguably, hi-res/scaling gui - MIDI VST OUT

two shoes

23 Apr 2019

EdGrip wrote:
23 Apr 2019
two shoes wrote:
23 Apr 2019
lol, maybe no one will notice the brackets where you deleted most of the sentence to change it's meaning...
No probs
two shoes wrote: ↑
21 Apr 2019

You left out the feature that's more commonly requested and more important to the largest number of users than all of this stuff put together except, arguably, hi-res/scaling gui - MIDI VST OUT
Thanks, now that we're all on the same page ima bow out of whatever this is that i've let myself get involved in. Hopefully Props won't waste their time adding any features to Reason that you don't personally understand or see the need for...

scratchnsnifff

23 Apr 2019

Combinator!
Perhaps better automation. Since using ableton Iv learned what the big hype is with more advanced midi options.

It’s very nice to have curves, shapes, etc. but I think the tool window in Reason could have various options regarding velocity settings. Using ratios in conjunction with the line tool.

Reasons combinator is my absolute favorite tool out of everything. And it needs to have a crazy amount of matrix slots..
Ableton’s instrument rack is basically a combinator with what seems like unlimited routing.
If the props could make that happen it would be a game changer for users like myself who get lost in sound design.

Beyond that there’s the obvious resolution dielemma

And finally, keep the synths up to date.

Europa 3 sample engines, maybe new dynamic tables here and there, perhaps add skins? Just stuff like that, it keeps it fun.

Iv boiled down my wishlist to those few concepts, and it sounds like a lot but I’m sure that some of the stuff is bound to happen sooner or later
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

fullforce

23 Apr 2019

Steptime input. Without buying a RE, which is absolutely ridiculous
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

scratchnsnifff

24 Apr 2019

fullforce wrote:
23 Apr 2019
Steptime input. Without buying a RE, which is absolutely ridiculous
What is this? Iv never heard of such a feature?

Regarding step sequencer type features. I think it would be absolutely fitting for propellerhead to have a korg/Roland style step sequencer with step by step input.

Maybe when having a drum machine loaded, reasons sequencer could have another mode off to the right where each hit can get programmed just like some of the Roland synths
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Mr. Watts

24 Apr 2019

I would like an option to make it so that mixer channels and sequencer names stay the same. I use a lot of NN19s for drum hits and it’s a pain to have to name them in both the rack and sequencer. I’ve been using a template for this reason but I don’t always do everything the same. Also really want the sensitivity slider for slices like there is in Recycle. These would definitely increase my workflow. Oh and do away with the self contain thing this has definitely hindered my workflow on occasions.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2019

Still waiting for that feature that makes music for me

Loque

24 Apr 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Apr 2019
There at several online platforms which generates music for you...
Reason12, Win10

reggie1979

24 Apr 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Apr 2019
Me too, I'd turn the internet off but that is how my Reason is authed. I'm screwed.

miscend

24 Apr 2019

MP3 export? What’s the point of that useless format? I’d be on board if you had said FLAC.

fullforce

24 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2019
MP3 export? What’s the point of that useless format? I’d be on board if you had said FLAC.
Yeah it's so useless that even music publishers use it nowadays.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2019

The problem is the expensive commercial license I think, not the format itself.
Just use LAME, guys.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

chaosroyale

24 Apr 2019

From a market/competitiveness point of view - Hi Res UI. Obviously.

From my point of view - Updated Combinator, Updated NN-XT, Updated M-class, ability to enter values directly.
i.e. the usual things.

miscend

24 Apr 2019

fullforce wrote:
miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2019
MP3 is not a professional delivery format. When you submit to a publisher or distributor you send it to them in a lossless format. You can’t submit MP3s to Apple, Spotify or Netflix (if you do post).

ShawnG

24 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2019
[quote=fullforce post_id=442302 timee=<a href="tel:1556134494">1556134494</a> user_id=13880]
[quote=miscend post_id=442301 time=<a href="tel:1556133192">1556133192</a> user_id=5930]
[/quote]
MP3 is not a professional delivery format. When you submit to a publisher or distributor you send it to them in a lossless format. You can’t submit MP3s to Apple, Spotify or Netflix (if you do post).
[/quote]

And then they post it to the world in a lossy format like mp3. I don’t think the suggestion was to throw out all the current options and go with mp3 only, there are a lot of convenience reasons why an inferior format is preferred for export, mr. “cassette tape as an avatar” :D Thanks for reminding me of the inferior format I used to present my music with in the 80’s and 90’s. As a feature, it’s a “nice to have” rather than a must, but it’s useful, and would be welcome.

zoidkirb

24 Apr 2019

I like mp3, it's really handy to bash out a quick mix of something that I can message to friends, band mates, family that is small file size and will definitely work on whatever device/player they are using.

reggie1979

24 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2019
fullforce wrote:

Well, most formats seem to be super lossy types though. Sometimes I can't listen to what I want on prime for example because the guitars sound like they go through a leslie they are so bad. Soundcloud and the now defunct Allihoopa are/were super lossy.

I don't remember anything 256k or higher being all that bad. It's been a long time since I uploaded anything.

reggie1979

24 Apr 2019

Which reminds me, doesn't it just kinda suck in general that we have to worry about such stupid things? Everything should just upload best quality with clouds being so large and relatively cheap (grrrrrrrrr)

ShawnG

24 Apr 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
24 Apr 2019
Which reminds me, doesn't it just kinda suck in general that we have to worry about such stupid things? Everything should just upload best quality with clouds being so large and relatively cheap (grrrrrrrrr)
Bandwidth and server capacity still cost money, and you still aren’t gonna want to pay more than you have to. Everything is compressed data, not just audio. Consumers don’t care enough about the differences to want to deal with either a higher price, or a reduction in choice.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
24 Apr 2019
I like mp3, it's really handy to bash out a quick mix of something that I can message to friends, band mates, family that is small file size and will definitely work on whatever device/player they are using.
Exactly the same here.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reggie1979

25 Apr 2019

ShawnG wrote:
24 Apr 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
24 Apr 2019
Bandwidth and server capacity still cost money, and you still aren’t gonna want to pay more than you have to. Everything is compressed data, not just audio. Consumers don’t care enough about the differences to want to deal with either a higher price, or a reduction in choice.
So, instead of agreeing that we "should" be at a higher level here, corporate greed is still "A number one" .......... fine. Bye.

fullforce

25 Apr 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
24 Apr 2019
Best quality eh? Then why does Reason not support 32 bit samples, STILL?

chimp_spanner

25 Apr 2019

fullforce wrote:
25 Apr 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
24 Apr 2019
I don't know how common 32-bit samples are. Virtually every library I've bought (or worked on) has been 48/24. Sometimes 96/24. Not saying there's no use for them at all. It's just relatively uncommon, in my experience at least.

ScuzzyEye

25 Apr 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Apr 2019
fullforce wrote:
25 Apr 2019
I don't know how common 32-bit samples are. Virtually every library I've bought (or worked on) has been 48/24. Sometimes 96/24. Not saying there's no use for them at all. It's just relatively uncommon, in my experience at least.
Reason does support loading 32-bit floating point audio tracks and samples. But what Reason lacks is the ability to export 32-bit audio. So you can't round-trip 32-bit in, 32-bit out.

But perhaps even worse is when you bounce clips to new samples you don't even get 24-bit audio, the samples will be 16-bit. This makes no sense to me at all, because Reason is fully 32-bit internally. The sampler can load 32-bit audio, so that's not the problem. You can bounce the clips to disk, and export them as 24-bit (still no 32-bit, see above), and then re-import them as samples, and they'll work. No reason for it to be this way at all.

• Information