Disable monitoring while recording?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sezna

17 Apr 2019

Hello all! New Reason user here, and new forum member. I've been using Reaper for a long time, but wanted a change. I am really enjoying Reason so far, but one thing is really bothersome. I did search around this forum for this problem, but nobody seems to mention it anywhere.

When I hit record, monitoring enables, even if I have disabled it for that track. I am not a rich man, so my setup has a fair bit of latency. I get around this by doing direct monitoring from my interface, which requires (at least for a pleasant experience) no software monitoring. For this last session, I had to turn on the pre-click, hit record, quickly press the button to turn monitoring off again, and then turn to my instrument and ready myself.

I'm sure it is in the preferences somewhere but I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks for reading.

ScuzzyEye

17 Apr 2019

sezna wrote:
17 Apr 2019
It's in Preferences, toward the bottom of the Audio tab. You can change Automatic monitoring to either Manual or External.

sezna

17 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
17 Apr 2019
sezna wrote:
17 Apr 2019
It's in Preferences, toward the bottom of the Audio tab. You can change Automatic monitoring to either Manual or External.
Thank you very much, this helps a lot. Unsure how my eye breezed right over that!

reggie1979

17 Apr 2019

I wish there was a non-tape style option as I often would like to just play with the metronome w/o having to re-engage the monitor. (for practicing)

• Information