10.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tumar

25 Apr 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Apr 2019
kuniklo wrote:
25 Apr 2019
The UI is still extremely sluggish on my Macbook Pro. Might even be worse than before the update. Is anyone else seeing this?
We've found two things that can help here. Running Reason in Low-Res mode (right-click Reason app, get info, tick the box) and a weird connection to color profiles in macOS. Try setting it to Color LCD or sRGB.
This trick doesn't work on retina Macbooks with one GPU. I tried but it only made Reason look awful (blurry, low res).

ProfessaKaos

25 Apr 2019

GRIFTY wrote:
20 Apr 2019
Was I the only one who has their software bricked by this update? I searched across Twitter, here, and Facebook and only found one other person complaining about this update. It seems to be almost universally loved! I'm on a ryzen 7 based system, maybe had something to do with it? Anybody else with ryzen having issues? Or maybe an older gen focusrite Scarlett? I have legitimately no idea and propellerheads have left my support ticket completely idle for like four straight days
IMO this is why you should beta test, to make sure the program works on your system how you expect it too.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

26 Apr 2019

tumar wrote:
25 Apr 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Apr 2019

We've found two things that can help here. Running Reason in Low-Res mode (right-click Reason app, get info, tick the box) and a weird connection to color profiles in macOS. Try setting it to Color LCD or sRGB.
This trick doesn't work on retina Macbooks with one GPU. I tried but it only made Reason look awful (blurry, low res).
It's two tricks. One is running Reason in low-res mode. This will absolutely make Reason look blurry, but helps performance. The other is changing the color profile of your screen, Color LCD or sRGB tend to work well—but try different ones.

S1GNL

26 Apr 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Apr 2019
S1GNL wrote:
20 Apr 2019
Slightly off-topic: You can’t use mix channels as sends without a delay (causing phasing)
Is this supposed to be a universal thing? Because I have all my sends going to mix channels and can't hear any phasing at all since upgrading to 10.3
The more plugins you use which increase the PDC value the more delay time will be inserted.

You could try this: use a short sound like eg a synth hihat, activate a send channel with a reverb for the hihat‘s channel, then turn PDC off and on again ...

GRIFTY

27 Apr 2019

ProfessaKaos wrote:
25 Apr 2019
GRIFTY wrote:
20 Apr 2019
Was I the only one who has their software bricked by this update? I searched across Twitter, here, and Facebook and only found one other person complaining about this update. It seems to be almost universally loved! I'm on a ryzen 7 based system, maybe had something to do with it? Anybody else with ryzen having issues? Or maybe an older gen focusrite Scarlett? I have legitimately no idea and propellerheads have left my support ticket completely idle for like four straight days
IMO this is why you should beta test, to make sure the program works on your system how you expect it too.
Did they not test this update at all? Curious. Anyway I solved the issue on my own, it was related to some old, unused Jack Audio drivers I had forgotten about. Apparently they brick reason if they're even installed at all now. I found a hardware workaround years ago so luckily I don't need Jack, not that it ever worked for me in the first place though.

MrBlue

27 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
MrBlue wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Loque
Yesterday

MrBlue wrote: ↑Yesterday
A hair disappointed by version 10.3, my Buchla Easel from Arturia still cracks on some presets and especially when there are several voices ...
:|
Which settings? CPU, buffer, sample rate, OS?

Core I7-3630QM 2.40Ghz 32 Go RAM
Sample rate : 48000
Buffer : 224
Windows 10
Your settings should be ok for the Buchla. Do you have Power-Saving enabled in Windows?
I have set Windows 10 and it is better and then the update of the Buchla also allows a better performance...
Thanks for your help.
:thumbs_up:
Attachments
Buchla 1.4.0.jpg
Buchla 1.4.0.jpg (120.65 KiB) Viewed 3456 times

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2019

I am very impressed with performance of 10.3, its difference between night and day from my perspective. I was seriously consider buying a new computer because all my songs started to crash once they got complex, but now it runs great! Thanks a lot for this Propellerheads!
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

PeZiK

29 Apr 2019

BruDep wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Installed 10.3 now my Line 6 Toneport UX8 does not work.. tried it in another DAW... No problems...
Hi, I got the same problem with my second rig - did you find the solution to make it work with Reason 10.3?

P.

djadalaide

29 Apr 2019

PeZiK wrote:
29 Apr 2019
BruDep wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Installed 10.3 now my Line 6 Toneport UX8 does not work.. tried it in another DAW... No problems...
Hi, I got the same problem with my second rig - did you find the solution to make it work with Reason 10.3?

P.
I have a Tone Port GX and it doesn't work in ASIO mode for some reason, i just use asio4all for now.

Last Alternative

01 May 2019

And Props FINALLY fixed the color issue where you had to constantly manually set the same color to match in all 3 windows WOO HOO!!!
BUT......... I'm still having issues with video drag in general but especially when zoomed in on the sequencer, as well as now suddenly when I'm zoomed in and listening, the cursor leaves the screen as the music plays instead of the screen following the cursor like it used to and I have no clue what setting that is.
Anyone?

Plus, I think we're way overdue for some decent presets already sheesh!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

joeyluck

01 May 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
01 May 2019
the cursor leaves the screen as the music plays instead of the screen following the cursor like it used to and I have no clue what setting that is.
Anyone?
Press the ‘f’ key to follow song. It’s also in the menu. Sounds like maybe you inadvertently switched it.

Last Alternative

01 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
01 May 2019
Last Alternative wrote:
01 May 2019
the cursor leaves the screen as the music plays instead of the screen following the cursor like it used to and I have no clue what setting that is.
Anyone?
Press the ‘f’ key to follow song. It’s also in the menu. Sounds like maybe you inadvertently switched it.
No way, thanx man! It's working :)
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

miscend

02 May 2019

tumar wrote:
25 Apr 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Apr 2019

But did you get any improvement in performance?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 May 2019

Heads up! I played a loop in the sequencer having a mix of audio tracks, VSTs and REs. Moved a note (pitch shifted) of a vocal (while playing) and Reason just crashed, poof gone. Seems we have some instabilities to get fixed, keep hitting that save button guys. You don't wanna loose songs and the "old" reliability is probably a wait until next bug fix release.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

seqoi

05 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
04 May 2019
Heads up! I played a loop in the sequencer having a mix of audio tracks, VSTs and REs. Moved a note (pitch shifted) of a vocal (while playing) and Reason just crashed, poof gone. Seems we have some instabilities to get fixed, keep hitting that save button guys. You don't wanna loose songs and the "old" reliability is probably a wait until next bug fix release.
You'd need to be able to repeat what you just said and provide more details - only then they will be able to fix that.

tiker01

05 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
04 May 2019
Could you specify the plugins you have used?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

mopa5001

07 May 2019

seqoi wrote:
05 May 2019
Boombastix wrote:
04 May 2019
You'd need to be able to repeat what you just said and provide more details - only then they will be able to fix that.
I loaded up a file that previously ran really chuggy and slow (tons of different busses with different automation and difficult paramaters for CPU to handle) and it ran flawlessly. I only use stock reason and one occasional VST for checking mixes but I'm very impressed with performance.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 May 2019

It won't replicate. And I moved a "note" on an Audio Track when in pitch edit. So it was more a heads up for now, I can't give more details than that.

miscend

09 May 2019

Wasn’t the idea that Reason would sandbox plugins?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

miscend wrote:
09 May 2019
It happened in the sequencer, while changing pitch of a segment/note while in pitch edit. Not sure why you mention RE sandboxing?

miscend

10 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019
miscend wrote:
09 May 2019
It happened in the sequencer, while changing pitch of a segment/note while in pitch edit. Not sure why you mention RE sandboxing?
Plugin Sandboxing is a feature in some DAWs like Bitwig. It means plugins are run in a separate sandbox process, so when a plugin crashes it doesn’t also cause the DAW to crash, instead you just restart that particular plugin. In Reason I think REs are sandboxed but VSTs are maybe not. I’ve had REs crash without taking down Reason with them.

reggie1979

10 May 2019

I had a crash of a vst recently and it was just the vst that crashed, Reason did not. I wasn't aware that was a feature.

DecafDreams

03 Feb 2021

anDre wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Hello to everyone, i updated to 10.3 and i have problems with Grain, it crackles badly since 10.3. Do you guys have the same problems or is something wrong on my system.

Can you guys please test something for me? Open an empty song, load Grain in the rack, load a poly/pad patch for eg "Dysney Strings" and play some chords. It crackles so badly here, its unusable, while the DSP bar shows max 1 tick. No matter if i switch any of the performance option on or off, it gets no better, even changing buffersizes makes no big difference.

I have no clue, on 10.2 i never had such problems with Grain, maybe this is a bug?
I have a similar bug on Grain where if I have the highest FFT size set, Grain will crackle even though the CPU bar isn't maxed out at all or anything. I never used Reason 10 prior to 10.3 but the issue is still there in Reason 11 for me.

• Information