10.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

Sorry guys, following last night's incident, we lost the contents of that topic. So here it is back: 10.3 is finally out! Read Mattias' Blog post about it here:

https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/reason-103-is-here

ZiuMelle

16 Apr 2019

Multicore optimization & a CV buffer switch.
Reaper, FL Studio & Reason.

123repeater

16 Apr 2019

I loaded up a file that previously ran really chuggy and slow (tons of different busses with different automation and difficult paramaters for CPU to handle) and it ran flawlessly. I only use stock reason and one occasional VST for checking mixes but I'm very impressed with performance.

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

The VST with the biggest gain overall is Ozone imho. It used to take up to 70% DSP by itself, I can now add a dozen and the DSP bar barely moves.

Heigen5

16 Apr 2019

I didn't test Reason that much of, as most of my plugins were REs only, but even then my DSP usage still dropped many times down. A really important release overall!

Lov2sing

16 Apr 2019

I put 22 VST's in the rack to see what would happen and to my surprise they did not make a sound until I got to 21. Wow 10.3 is powerful.
We make music for a reason

EdGrip

16 Apr 2019

Oh man! I missed an Incident? :(

J96one

16 Apr 2019

My 2015 Mac Book PRO got a new life with this update. Projects that was unplayable runs smoothly now. Thanks Propellerhead and all You who have been working with this update!

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

EdGrip wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Oh man! I missed an Incident? :(
This one:

viewtopic.php?f=3&p=440828#p440828

...but we will rebuild!

pushedbutton

16 Apr 2019

It seems there's no need to 'Power Cycle' Balance after the 10.3 update. So that's nice.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

okaino

16 Apr 2019

Im glad they worked it out. Should of came with an apology as well for having us thinking we were crazy cause its been unusable since 9.5.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

I’ve never had to power cycle Balance to get it to work. Not once.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

16 Apr 2019

I have still the same problems with Tone Boosters VST plugins and Mau Synth VSTi.

User interface on TB plugins is laggy and there are pops and clicks, when changing sound parameters through knobs (TB Ferox, for example).
Dialing knobs on Mau Synth VSTi causes sound dropouts...This does not happen in other DAWs, for example Reaper.

It seems that the VST performance update for Reason is focused mainly for mainstream, well-known VST plugins, not for VST plugins in overall (although the entire rendering core was rewritted, it did not solve the kind of problems I am talking about) .
Last edited by dusan.cani on 16 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.

miscend

16 Apr 2019

I didn't see any difference apart from some songs sounding slightly different with the new engine. Performance seems about the same.

ScuzzyEye

16 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
16 Apr 2019
I didn't see any difference apart from some songs sounding slightly different with the new engine. Performance seems about the same.
Other than timing differences from automation or CV, there should be no differences in sound. If you're hearing something please post how to replicate it, so it can be reported as a bug.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Sorry guys, following last night's incident, we lost the contents of that topic. So here it is back: 10.3 is finally out! Read Mattias' Blog post about it here:

https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/reason-103-is-here
YEah but did you test Neutron??? I had a go at it with 14 instances before 10.3 and 61 instances with 10.3!!! Amazing!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
16 Apr 2019
If your projects are mainly audio and sampled instruments is normal to have a slighter difference.

Mmj85

16 Apr 2019

Hi everyone, so i noticed something strange with the Panning in the mixer channels while having a VST in the (Master Section/Mixer Insert).
Can someone recreate this if possible... and yes i know this is not the beta testing section but i was not able to test this version.

-Open a new Session
-Clear your Master Section if you have anything there
-Select a Device with instant sound coming out of it when you hit play (DR.OCTO REX)
-Now PAN left and right on its mixer channel, cool no issue
-Now add any Stereo VST in the Master section and try panning..

This is my results :
If you go -100 to the LEFT if goes into mono, all the way to the RIGHT it goes silent)

Looks like this only happens with VST's, If you replace the VST with a Rack Extension everything is back to normal

Can anyone confirm this please.
thanks

My Computer Details:
MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.4
Processor 2.5 GHz
Intel Core i5
Memory 12GB
Last edited by Mmj85 on 16 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

danc

16 Apr 2019

Mmj85 wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Hi everyone, so i noticed something strange with the Panning in the mixer channels while having a VST in the (Master Section/Mixer Insert).
Can someone recreate this if possible... and yes i know this is not the beta testing section but i was not able to test this version.

-Open a new Session
-Select a Device with instant sound coming out of it when you hit play (DR.OCTO REX)

This is my results :
If you go -100 to the LEFT if goes into mono, all the way to the RIGHT it goes silent)

Looks like this only happens with VST's, If you replace the VST with a Rack Extension everything is back to normal

thanks
WOW!!! I tried just now and 100% confirm that LEFT is MONO and RIGHT is silent when VST is placed into MASTER SECTION. What the ...?
I am using Windows 10.

Five minutes before this I found out that ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB crashes when I load it into 10.3... but was working perfectly well in 10.2. I re-installed ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB to see if that was the problem and it crashes just the same. Appears in the MANAGE PLUGINS list as CRASHED. Re-enable it and when I restart Reason it appears as CRASHED again.
Check my Soundcloud:

Mmj85

16 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Mmj85 wrote:
16 Apr 2019

-Open a new Session

This is my results :

thanks
WOW!!! I tried just now and 100% confirm that LEFT is MONO and RIGHT is silent when VST is placed into MASTER SECTION. What the ...?

Five minutes before this I found out that ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB crashes when I load it into 10.3... but was working perfectly well in 10.2. I re-installed ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB to see if that was the problem and it crashes just the same. Appears in the MANAGE PLUGINS list as CRASHED. Re-enable it and when I restart Reason it appears as CRASHED again.
Thank you for confirming. :)
I guess after tackling something so complex like making VST's more efficient in Reason, the simple stuff can get overlooked. But of course as always the simple stuff sometimes is not so obvious to us due to bigger battles in our mists ;)

danc

16 Apr 2019

Mmj85 wrote:
16 Apr 2019
danc wrote:
16 Apr 2019

I guess after tackling something so complex like making VST's more efficient in Reason, the simple stuff can get overlooked. But of course as always the simple stuff sometimes is not so obvious to us due to bigger battles in our mists ;)
HOWEVER - it only becomes MONO when -100... and SILENT at 100. If you set it to anywhere between -99 and 99, you get the normal panning results you'd expect.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrBlue

16 Apr 2019

Loque
Yesterday

MrBlue wrote: ↑Yesterday
A hair disappointed by version 10.3, my Buchla Easel from Arturia still cracks on some presets and especially when there are several voices ...
:|
Which settings? CPU, buffer, sample rate, OS?

Core I7-3630QM 2.40Ghz 32 Go RAM
Sample rate : 48000
Buffer : 224
Windows 10
Last edited by MrBlue on 17 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

danc

16 Apr 2019

As I found out earlier that ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB had stopped working in 10.3... I thought I'd try and open up other VSTs I own.

Most of my Unfiltered Audio VSTs... like SpecOps, Instant Delay and Sandman Pro do NOT open in 10.3 and they were definitely working in 10.2. Now I'm going to have a whole load of previous projects which use these VSTs that won't work. Ggggrrr.

Now for me to explore even further to find other VSTs that now don't work.
Check my Soundcloud:

zoidkirb

16 Apr 2019

Has anyone tried to run Unfiltered Audio SpecOps in 10.3? It did work fine on 10.2x but now it fails to load at startup (I think in plugin manager It's disabled because of 'crashing reason' )

Mmj85

16 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Mmj85 wrote:
16 Apr 2019

HOWEVER - it only becomes MONO when -100... and SILENT at 100. If you set it to anywhere between -99 and 99, you get the normal panning results you'd expect.
Sorry I didn't put those details but your correct. :thumbs_up:

• Information