free libaries

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sleep1979

12 Apr 2019

This guy here made a good point
diminished wrote:
12 Apr 2019
https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library
Many different pianos, community effort, hosted by Christian Henson.
Mostly for ESX24 and Kontakt.

If anyone can come up with a NNXT version, that'd be great..
And it made me think why do people bother making free sample libraries for samplers that are not free ?

Who’s benefiting from that ?

BecUse sure the people that can afford kontakt can afford to get the cheaper better libaries avalable

Its great these are offered for free but they should be made for a free sampler to benefit beginners or people that cant afford kontakt

On another note how hard is it to transfer a good piano sample library to nnxt ?

Can we start a new group doing this ?
Is it hard ?
Last edited by ghostboi79 on 12 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

sleep1979

12 Apr 2019

Theres also no point in saying

Its because kontakt are the industry standard that these free libaries are for kontakt , they dont need to be industry standard , there are good free samplers and sforzando things like that i really dont understand the concept here

“ im doing people a favour here little freebie for them 🙂

Thanks for the hard work
But it kinda defeats the object of giving it away for free i think .
Because its basically a £300 freebie ( or however much kontakt costs .
And the poor people never get a copy.
Free advertising for native instruments.

joeyluck

12 Apr 2019

ghostboi79 wrote:
12 Apr 2019
This guy here made a good point
diminished wrote:
12 Apr 2019
https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library
Many different pianos, community effort, hosted by Christian Henson.
Mostly for ESX24 and Kontakt.

If anyone can come up with a NNXT version, that'd be great..
And it made me think why do people bother making free sample libraries for samplers that are not free ?

Who’s benefiting from that ?

BecUse sure the people that can afford kontakt can afford to get the cheaper better libaries avalable

Its great these are offered for free but they should be made for a free sampler to benefit beginners or people that cant afford kontakt

On another note how hard is it to transfer a good piano sample library to nnxt ?

Can we start a new group doing this ?
Is it hard ?
Just want to chime in here to perhaps state the obvious, but worth stating.

Your best bet might be to contact a library creator and make a request...or get permission to port it. Of course, folks can't just convert someone's library to another format for sharing, even if the original is offered for free, without getting permission.

If say a Kontakt library is built using public domain samples, well then you could certainly obtain the same samples from the public domain and make your own product. But a product offered for free doesn't by default grant the user to make their own library built from the user's samples.

People who create Kontakt libraries own Kontakt. They are familiar with it. And many of those people don't use NNXT, so understandable that they go out of their way to create something for free for a format in which they also don't sell libraries. Just the same as many ReFill creators own or use Reason. People who use and buy NNXT ReFills own Reason. So the user has to own something :) You can use any free library in the player version of Kontakt in demo mode and yeah, you can play with Reason in demo mode as well.

WongoTheSane

12 Apr 2019

And the same could be said for the free community ReFills that were done in the PUFs and right here on ReasonTalk by various members for several devices. I bet some Kontakt owners are wondering how we can call them free if they have to buy Reason first to benefit from them!

sleep1979

12 Apr 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Apr 2019
And the same could be said for the free community ReFills that were done in the PUFs and right here on ReasonTalk by various members for several devices. I bet some Kontakt owners are wondering how we can call them free if they have to buy Reason first to benefit from them!
it is true really tbh , if i was ever to create a free library this would make me think its better using a universal vst free plug in , but i understand its just a bit frustrating really when you haven't a lot of money and you look for free stuff and its all outta reach but yeah i get where your coming from

esselfortium

12 Apr 2019

It makes sense that people generally make stuff for what they use, especially if they're just putting it out there for free.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

kitekrazy

12 Apr 2019

If you are into sample based instruments I can't think of not having Kontakt.

sleep1979

13 Apr 2019

esselfortium wrote:
12 Apr 2019
It makes sense that people generally make stuff for what they use, especially if they're just putting it out there for free.
Yeah look of course I'm not really having a go at the people making the free stuff really , there just doing native instruments a favour without knowing it , if a lot of great libraries popped up for sforzando or something we wouldn't need kontakt would we , we all buy names becUse there the most popular and follow the crowds because were told too what the people with the big bank accounts use , , it would be nice if some people walked the other way , even cheap libaries for free players would be nice . Over £100 for libaries once you have paid £300 for whatever it is for kontakt 😂they can jog on

esselfortium

13 Apr 2019

ghostboi79 wrote:
13 Apr 2019
esselfortium wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Yeah look of course I'm not really having a go at the people making the free stuff really , there just doing native instruments a favour without knowing it , if a lot of great libraries popped up for sforzando or something we wouldn't need kontakt would we , we all buy names becUse there the most popular and follow the crowds because were told too what the people with the big bank accounts use , , it would be nice if some people walked the other way , even cheap libaries for free players would be nice . Over £100 for libaries once you have paid £300 for whatever it is for kontakt 😂they can jog on
I mean, Kontakt is capable of a lot more than what a soundfont player or NN-XT can do, there really are actual reasons behind its popularity other than just branding. :puf_wink:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sleep1979

21 Apr 2019

esselfortium wrote:
13 Apr 2019
ghostboi79 wrote:
13 Apr 2019

I mean, Kontakt is capable of a lot more than what a soundfont player or NN-XT can do, there really are actual reasons behind its popularity other than just branding. :puf_wink:
Yeah your right i been posting a lot of bushit sarah and i shouldn't have , theses are free but just not for me , i have a piano i like from detunized thats ok , so im sticking with that for now thanks for your reply’s

• Information