My experience with Reason Essentials

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mjxl

11 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
10 Apr 2019
Looks really nice, gonna try it these days, thanks for sharing
Ur welcome :)
diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019

I suggest a clean Windows reinstall. Win10 if you have it. Try ASIO4ALL. Kill stuff running in the background, like 3rd party antivirus, disable power save mode when producing music. While the CPU is def. on the weak side, your system should in theory handle a lot of stock devices without problem. Leave VST out of the equation until you actually secured a smoothly running Reason. Anything new and fancy from the synth VST world can and will drop your CPU to its knees.

And like we all agree, free up some space on your disc!
I've tried ASIO4ALL, but I'm highly advising Voicemeeter.
Asio4all was a real hassle to setup in my case, while VM was plug and play.

sleep1979

11 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019
stanshear wrote:
10 Apr 2019
I see in the Reason specs, that you require internal free space of about 40 GB to function properly. My computer is so cluttered with old stuff which accumulated before I started using an SD card for storage, that I only have 6.5 GB out of 110 GB !!! We're onto something. So I'm going to clean that up and hold my breath and there's a good chance that will do the trick. If that works, then I owe an apology to Propellerhead for my false accusations. We'll see, but thanks again everybody for you comments.
Stan
I suggest a clean Windows reinstall. Win10 if you have it. Try ASIO4ALL. Kill stuff running in the background, like 3rd party antivirus, disable power save mode when producing music. While the CPU is def. on the weak side, your system should in theory handle a lot of stock devices without problem. Leave VST out of the equation until you actually secured a smoothly running Reason. Anything new and fancy from the synth VST world can and will drop your CPU to its knees.

And like we all agree, free up some space on your disc!
I see so many people ( everyday use running a laptop with so much crap running in the background ) with programs installed they dont need ) ie they play a game install it and they dont uncheck install third party software .

and there computers a mess and there like “i need a new computer “ no you need a fresh install or a complete clean up .

and also use something like crap cleaner to clean up that registry , look at a how to improve your computer for audio use list ,

and you should be running fine for a bit until you upgrade , just stay away from kontakt and uhe for a bit and youll be alright i think 🙂

VariableX

11 Apr 2019

stanshear wrote:
10 Apr 2019
Phew, and I really thought I had a good, fast computer. It seems then that it is just too slow. Oh, no. Now I've got to think about getting a new computer, and patch the hole in my pocket to do so. But thanks for this enlightening comment.
Stan
just make sure you dont have two Reason projects open at the same time, seems obvious but sometimes this happens to me and this is always why

raj1

12 Apr 2019

actually try this

goto preferences and under miscellaneous look at 'CPU usage limit"

try setting it to 'none'

by default i think it's set to 80%

let us know what happens

stanshear

17 Apr 2019

Thanks guys. I've got rid of a lot of the old stuff and programs I don't use, and it virtually 100%. Very occasionally I get the error message.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

stanshear wrote:
17 Apr 2019
and it virtually 100%.
Looking for the verb here.. works.. or fails? :D
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

zoidkirb

17 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
17 Apr 2019
stanshear wrote:
17 Apr 2019
and it virtually 100%.
Virtually 100% intermittent ;)

motuscott

21 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Virtually 100% intermittent ;)
Oh stop it you guys
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

sleep1979

21 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
17 Apr 2019
stanshear wrote:
17 Apr 2019
and it virtually 100%.
Seeing as though he said he occasionally gets the error message id say works , but then its not 100% , but look do me a favour ........give the guy a break 😂 hasnt the cpu error message thing gone now ? Mind you he has essentials i have intro 🙄

• Information