NN Nano Loops Disappearing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jackjackdaw

07 Apr 2019

I have been going deep with resampling in Kong, doing a lofi remix SP404 style. I am having a problem with the sampler though, it keeps forgetting the loop points. I set it all up, it works as it should then I go and tinker with some other bits and when I come back to it it isn’t looping anymore. I check in the NN Nano edit sample pane and the loop mode has switched back to one shot. When I change it back to Loop the markers are still there. I have been going round in circles with it. Anyone else had this?

MannequinRaces

07 Apr 2019

I think this is a bug. I get the same results. To reproduce 1) create a Kong and reset the device 2) choose NN-Nano for pad 1 3) load a sample and edit the sample (change loop mode) 4) save sample 5) on pad 2 choose NN-Nano 6) load a different sample and edit that sample and save 7) go back to the 1st pad and look at the first sample you edited, the loop mode defaults to one-shot. Weird! Can't believe nobody has noticed this previously, crazy.

WongoTheSane

07 Apr 2019

Have you guys reported it? It's way too late for 10.3 but it a fix might be included in 11...

MannequinRaces

07 Apr 2019

I just did. Credit goes to Jackjackdaw for the find!

WongoTheSane

07 Apr 2019

Thanks to both of you! :thumbs_up:

Data_Shrine

07 Apr 2019

They should correct his bug in a very small .update after 10.3, I mean, with the updates now integrated in the software, it shouldn't be too much of bother right ?

Jackjackdaw

07 Apr 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
07 Apr 2019
Thanks to both of you! :thumbs_up:
Glad to be of service! In the mean time I will try and send a gate out of Kong to a NN19 and see if my sample will loop for me there.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2019

I tried this as well. The L-R loop points are remembered in the file as well as cross-fade on/off, I suppose they save this info to the WAV file. But the Loop Mode is definitely lost. BUGGY!
I narrowed it down to this:
A) If you CHANGE the Loop Mode in Sample/Pad #2 and hit save, Loop Mode in sample #1 is lost when you hit "Save" (it behaves just fine while in edit mode of sample #2, but only before you hit save).

I tried to get this bug in Redrum, but no, it is Kong specific...
But the funny thing is, IF you load up the very same sample in NN-XT/NN-19/Redrum the loop mode stays as it should. Even after you force Kong to loose the loop mode (#A), loop mode in NN-XT/NN-19/Redrum remains as it should for this sample. Seems loop mode is not a universal setting for the specific sample, but managed on a per-device level. Very funky...

A work around is: Load the same sample you have on the Kong pad into a NN-XT/NN-19/Redrum (pick the one you like) and edit the looping, and save to ALL. The sample in Kong is also updated with new loop settings but no other Kong sample loops are changed. This bug ONLY happens when saving sample edits in Kong.

I guess it is not very common to loop samples in a device that is made for one shots, so this bug has been around 10 yrs? lol. :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

thx

07 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
07 Apr 2019
so this bug has been around 10 yrs?
It's not an issue (that I can find) in v5. My guess it happened in v6, when sample self-containment policies were tweaked.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2019

thx wrote:
07 Apr 2019
Boombastix wrote:
07 Apr 2019
It's not an issue (that I can find) in v5. My guess it happened in v6, when sample self-containment policies were tweaked.
Ah, the forensic science continues, so that means around 8 yrs old bug then! :ugeek:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/pr ... d-reason-6
By the way, in the SoS article it says reason 6 was $499, so hey, it is getting cheaper to buy R10 incl all new items. It is a good deal, now with the VST fix around the corner, they could be killing it if they also get on par with sequencer editing.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Magnus

10 Apr 2019

thx wrote:
07 Apr 2019
Boombastix wrote:
07 Apr 2019
I tested this in Reason 7.12 on Mac last night and I couldn't reproduce the bug. I tried multiple times and followed the steps provided. The Kong samples never lost being set to Loop Mode when I saved other samples on other pads.

Anyone with Reason 8 and 9 able to test if the bug happens on there?

Musicbyproseed

25 Apr 2023

Just came across this and I'm on Reason 12. The loop mode is lost when you change one sample/pad to another (i.e. if I save "Loop Forward" on a sample in Pad 1 then do the same for Pad 2, Pad 1 reverts back to "No Loop." Any ideas?
When blues meets hip-hop & soul meets new age.

https://www.dereosroads.com

• Information