Preset / Sounds Location Help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rlared

06 Apr 2019

When you load an instrument and hit the little "browse presets" button, it jumps to a folder in the browser usually. I'm assuming these locations are hard-coded into each native device and/or rack extension? Do these locations contain ALL presets for the corresponding device, or are they spread across folders? If they are spread, how do I see all of the available presets and/or sounds?

Also, some of the items are contained in "Rack Extensions", such as "Radical Piano" which comes with Reason 10 and isn't listed as a Rack Extension in the "Rack Extensions" window. I'm assuming this is just due to that it used to be a paid Rack Extension before?

There is "Reason Sounds", "Orkester Sounds", "Factory Sounds", and "Showcase" in wondering what the logic behind the organization of sounds and presets is.

By the way, I got Reason 10 about 2 weeks ago and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! I just want to dump all my VST's now and use RE's because the RE workflow is so much better :)

• Information