Figure is back

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aosta

13 Apr 2019

So I did the update to the 'new' Figure (which is the same without the Allihoopa stuff) and now I'm asked to sign in to my props account before I can use it...all well and good I suppose but why the hell do I have fill out all my details every single time I want to use the app to mess around?
Please fix this props, it's annoying as hell.
Tend the flame

zoidkirb

13 Apr 2019

Aosta wrote:
13 Apr 2019
So I did the update to the 'new' Figure (which is the same without the Allihoopa stuff) and now I'm asked to sign in to my props account before I can use it...all well and good I suppose but why the hell do I have fill out all my details every single time I want to use the app to mess around?
Please fix this props, it's annoying as hell.
Every single time? I only got promoted the first time I opened the app on my iPad

Aosta

13 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
13 Apr 2019

Every single time? I only got promoted the first time I opened the app on my iPad
Yes every time.
Open app
window pops up
asks to sign in or make account
sign in
close
open
same again.
Tend the flame

joeyluck

13 Apr 2019

Aosta wrote:
13 Apr 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
13 Apr 2019

Yes every time.
Open app
window pops up
asks to sign in or make account
sign in
close
open
same again.
You should report it. I'm not getting this behavior either.

Aosta

13 Apr 2019

joeyluck wrote:
13 Apr 2019

You should report it. I'm not getting this behavior either.
Hmm, ok will do thanks.
Tend the flame

kuhliloach

13 Apr 2019

So I re-downloaded Figure and Take hoping the apps would just work without the kinds of limitations that were previously imposed. Both apps wanted me to log-in to some kind of account. How lame is that?! Uninstalled both.

joeyluck

13 Apr 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Both apps wanted me to log-in to some kind of account.
Your existing Propellerhead account...

kuhliloach

13 Apr 2019

joeyluck wrote:
13 Apr 2019
kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Both apps wanted me to log-in to some kind of account.
Oh I realize that. Just can't understand why that would be needed just to use the software. It seems Propellerhead software will do whatever it takes to prevent their software from being used by the masses.

joeyluck

13 Apr 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019
joeyluck wrote:
13 Apr 2019

Oh I realize that. Just can't understand why that would be needed just to use the software. It seems Propellerhead software will do whatever it takes to prevent their software from being used by the masses.
I dunno. It's a small 'price' to pay for free apps. Those of us Reason users already have an account, and those who don't, who want to use the free apps will learn about it...gotta raise awareness of Reason to make offering and supporting free apps worthwhile... They might even include Reason Lite with it like with Compact? Can't go wrong with that benefit. And yeah I'm sure plenty will still complain. I remember when Figure, one of the best rated apps got dinged by users after an update that simply included an Allihoopa button... The devs wanted to bring it to the forefront to introduce it; didn't want to bury it in a menu to start off, but people who hadn't paid a dime for the app were livid :roll:

zoidkirb

13 Apr 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019
joeyluck wrote:
13 Apr 2019

So you deleted the apps in some form of protest then? Lots of popular free stuff requires an account. Props aren't being unique here. And for existing Reason users, there is no barrier to entry as we have existing username/password already.

kuhliloach

13 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
13 Apr 2019
kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019

So you deleted the apps in some form of protest then? Lots of popular free stuff requires an account. Props aren't being unique here. And for existing Reason users, there is no barrier to entry as we have existing username/password already.
yeah maybe I'll get over it.. Just sounds like too much data collection and unnecessary for launch. Maybe make people sign in later if they want added features?

zoidkirb

14 Apr 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
13 Apr 2019

yeah maybe I'll get over it.. Just sounds like too much data collection and unnecessary for launch. Maybe make people sign in later if they want added features?
I do kinda get that it could scare away new customers. Maybe let them sign in with their Facebook account (only half joking 😂 )

Sorped

16 Apr 2019

I sense a Reason-cloud-thing on the horizon. Export from Figure to cloud, download from cloud to Reason. Upload song files to cloud, retrieve them on the future (?) app and work on the move. Makes sense, no?
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

• Information