Ignition key not detected on macOS Mojave

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mashers

04 Apr 2019

Hi all

I bought a new (second hand) iMac last night and am just setting it all up in my studio. I've installed codemeter from the link on the Reason login page and rebooted, but my ignition key is not detected. It shows up as a mounted volume in Finder but the authorise page can't see it, and Reason gives me the login page every time. I've even deauthorised the ignition key on another Mac to try and start again, but it still won't work. It is detected on other computers. I have tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling and restarting again but it does the same thing. The props troubleshooting page for this says that it means the wrong kernel extension is installed, and suggests re-downloading from their page. But that's where I downloaded it in the first place. Is this a Mojave issue? I haven't been able to run it before as my older iMac wasn't capable.

mashers

04 Apr 2019

Oh I got it working. I had to go into System Preferences > Security and allow the blocked kernel extension to run. I really hate when it does this. I entered my password to install the bloody thing so it should know I intend for it to run :/

bitley

04 Apr 2019

Hm yeah I think mine stopped working a few moons ago. It would be cool being able to use it as an USB memory stick...

mashers

04 Apr 2019

bitley wrote:
04 Apr 2019
Hm yeah I think mine stopped working a few moons ago. It would be cool being able to use it as an USB memory stick...
If you uninstall the codemeter software then it will show up as a volume, but I don't know if it is possible to write to it or what the capacity is. The only way for me to check now would be to uninstall the software again and I'm not sure I really want to do that ;)

ScuzzyEye

05 Apr 2019

mashers wrote:
04 Apr 2019
If you uninstall the codemeter software then it will show up as a volume, but I don't know if it is possible to write to it or what the capacity is. The only way for me to check now would be to uninstall the software again and I'm not sure I really want to do that ;)
It's like a few dozen megabytes. Mega, not giga. It's not usable as a storage space for files.

mashers

05 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
05 Apr 2019
mashers wrote:
04 Apr 2019
It's like a few dozen megabytes. Mega, not giga. It's not usable as a storage space for files.
I suspected as much given the type of data it is used for.

QVprod

05 Apr 2019

Had the same issue. This is what Propellerhead support sent me. I've done portions (before they responded) of this (can't remember if it was in this order) that allowed my computer to recognize the key as long as it's not plugged in when I turn the computer on.
That the Ignition Key is mounted on your desktop is an indication of an issue caused by changes made by Apple to the way that High Sierra and later versions of macOS address removable devices.

Please download the version of the CodeMeter drivers from here:

https://www.propellerheads.com/download-codemeter

Run the CMUninstall utility included in the downloaded DMG file to remove your current installation, and then restart your machine. After the restart, install the new version, and then restart again. (The restarts are important - don't be tempted to skip them!)

After the last restart, then - with your Ignition Key connected, and before doing anything else - open the macOS System Preferences. Click the Security and Privacy icon. Under the General tab, are you seeing a message towards the bottom reading "System Software from developer "WIBU-SYSTEMS AG" was blocked from loading", and an Allow button to the right?

If so then click this button - you might need to click the padlock towards the bottom left and enter your Admin password before being able to do this.

After restarting the computer again, then you should find that your Ignition Key is no longer being mounted on the desktop.

plaamook

08 Apr 2019

I had that as well. Round and round with Props, eventualy sent to Wibu (who make codemeter), who sent me back to Props, who just sent me a new key because nothing worked in the end.
Wacky world.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

mashers

08 Apr 2019

plaamook wrote:
08 Apr 2019
I had that as well. Round and round with Props, eventualy sent to Wibu (who make codemeter), who sent me back to Props, who just sent me a new key because nothing worked in the end.
Wacky world.
I was about to contact props when I thought to try the security thing in System Preferences. Glad I did and didn't end up in customer services hell.

plaamook

08 Apr 2019

mashers wrote:
08 Apr 2019
plaamook wrote:
08 Apr 2019
Wacky world.
I was about to contact props when I thought to try the security thing in System Preferences. Glad I did and didn't end up in customer services hell.
Yeah that didn't work either. Nothing did.
It wasn't hell though. There are far worse customer service places to find oneself for sure.

Or here.

mashers

08 Apr 2019

plaamook wrote:
08 Apr 2019
It wasn't hell though. There are far worse customer service places to find oneself for sure.
Sounds like it was just dead. And TBH all customer service experiences are hell to me. I can't stand the obsequiously cheerful demeanour in customer services. I just want them to behave like a normal person, not some sycophant.

plaamook

08 Apr 2019

mashers wrote:
08 Apr 2019
plaamook wrote:
08 Apr 2019
Sounds like it was just dead. And TBH all customer service experiences are hell to me. I can't stand the obsequiously cheerful demeanour in customer services. I just want them to behave like a normal person, not some sycophant.
Well, I've never been on the horn with the Swedes but on email they're ok. They don't tell me to have a great day or anyhting like that.

Or here.

• Information