Anyone else looking forward to the May Madness Sale?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Quiloc Lim

20 Mar 2019

I've got a few things I hope go on sale.

I hope ABL3, Umpf Retro Beats, anything by Jackbox, Combo X-705 Space Organ, Champagne SuperNova end up on sale.

A synth geek can dream. :lol:

What y'all hoping goes on sale? :)

reddust

20 Mar 2019

I'll keep an eye on the sale and look if eXpanse and Zero get some good sale prices. Depending on the sale price might be I'll go for them or at least one of them.

Quiloc Lim

20 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
20 Mar 2019
I'll keep an eye on the sale and look if eXpanse and Zero get some good sale prices. Depending on the sale price might be I'll go for them or at least one of them.
Expanse. Good Choice. I tried it out and loved it. Just never got around to paying for it. ;) There are lots of refills available for it too. :thumbs_up:

dhruan

20 Mar 2019

ABL3, Animus Shimmerverb, maybe some other stuff from Jiggery-Pokery, also, Noise Engineering & Letric Panda...
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

PhillipOrdonez

20 Mar 2019

Abl3, Selig leveler, Euclidean rhythms.

Edit: complex 1 and quad note as well!

Jackjackdaw

20 Mar 2019

A deal on Quad note gen. or Lectric Panda PSQ-1684 would get my attention for sure.

Jackjackdaw

20 Mar 2019

I'm also after a decent bitcrusher. Decimort 2 maybe.

antic604

20 Mar 2019

Yes. Hope for deals on QNG, 1st Umpf.

EnochLight

20 Mar 2019

Quad Note Generator and Complex-1 are literally the only 2 RE's on my watch list. Hoping they both go on sale this May - I don't want to have to wait until Black Friday 2019 (at which point, I know they'll both be on sale). :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

CaptainBlack

20 Mar 2019

Would that be Theresa May Madness? - a long-suffering Brit

sleep1979

20 Mar 2019

When does that happen nothing i really want but worth a look

dvdrtldg

20 Mar 2019

CaptainBlack wrote:
20 Mar 2019
Would that be Theresa May Madness? - a long-suffering Brit
Theresa May Madness would be when nobody at Propellerhead can decide which REs to put on sale, so they have a vote, but somehow "Everything in the shop on sale for $1.00 forever" is what gets voted for, and nobody apart from a fucking moron wants that but the vote is binding so they have a slow-burn meltdown and the sale never happens and they all end up rolling around on the floor in soiled nappies wrestling with each other and all the other DAW companies stand around pointing & laughing at them

Anyway, my current wish list:

* Complex-1 synth
* those Noise Engineering synths/VCOs with the names I can never remember
* The Animus
* Torsion Texture Lab
* Champagne SuperNova synth
* Dyn-4 Dynamic Processor

... that's about it. And the only one of those I really really want is Torsion. I'm not so excited about the Players any more, at first they seemed to offer a really cool range of possibilities and I do use them, but only for background "decorative" stuff and overall I feel a bit meh about them. The one that would give me proper joy is Drum Sequencer, but I feel it's a bit under-featured in its current iteration and I hope it gets an upgrade. 8 channels/16 steps ain't enough!

VariableX

20 Mar 2019

Im gonna be in the market for sound libraries/refils and maybe QNG if its on sale but it would have to be atleast 1/2 price.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2019

i've got my eyes on Mutagen by AirRaid Audio

MannequinRaces

21 Mar 2019

Some things I'll be keeping my eye on are:

LPM - I already own Flower Audio Loudness Meter and Selig Gain however I love Lectric Panda and this one looks nice and compact
Kompulsion - already own Korde and Proulsion but having them basically combined in one unit with more features, yes please!
Kratos2 - this usually goes on sale for a very nice price and I'm in the market for a new master limiter
Tape Cassette Deck - I could find some creative uses for this
TM1 - Put those drum combinators to work
RX950 - no explanation needed
QNG & Complex-1 - I want these both really bad but since they are still relatively new I do not expect to see any discount greater than 20-30%
Super Audio Cart - Sounds amazing and still bummed I slept on the deal of the week sale
One Bit Converter - Currently I think it's way overpriced for what it does, if this is reduced significantly I'm going to give it a look
CoreReLation Phase Analyzer - I really like SCRE and think this would be useful for the kinds of things I do
Reason Soul School Bundle - I'd snatch this up for around $49 - $59 but no more than that

EdGrip

21 Mar 2019

I've basically got everything I want or need! Which is lovely.
Synth-wise I've been really enjoying playing with Bazille CM so one day I might get the full-fat version. But CM is fine for now.

reddust

21 Mar 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
20 Mar 2019
Anyway, my current wish list:

* Complex-1 synth
* those Noise Engineering synths/VCOs with the names I can never remember
* The Animus
* Torsion Texture Lab
* Champagne SuperNova synth
* Dyn-4 Dynamic Processor

... that's about it. And the only one of those I really really want is Torsion. I'm not so excited about the Players any more, at first they seemed to offer a really cool range of possibilities and I do use them, but only for background "decorative" stuff and overall I feel a bit meh about them. The one that would give me proper joy is Drum Sequencer, but I feel it's a bit under-featured in its current iteration and I hope it gets an upgrade. 8 channels/16 steps ain't enough!
oh yes, I forgot the noise engineering stuff, I'll also keep an a eye on their special one for drums with metal/liquid/skin textures, whatever the name of the RE is :)

mjxl

14 Apr 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
20 Mar 2019
... that's about it. And the only one of those I really really want is Torsion.
I'm with you on this one, I've checked out the trial yesterday/today and so far I think my sanity left me, now to let the insides of my brain boil when I get back from work tomorrow.

Also Fritz, I need Fritz, do you have Fritz? Fritz good.

mjxl

14 Apr 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
20 Mar 2019
A deal on Quad note gen. or Lectric Panda PSQ-1684 would get my attention for sure.
After messing around with PSQ again this week, I think I'd recommend it over QNG ( I also bought QNG )

QNG is really good for instant musical sounding rhytms, but i feel like the same can be done after a couple of sessions with PSQ.

two shoes

14 Apr 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
20 Mar 2019
I'm also after a decent bitcrusher. Decimort 2 maybe.
i have them all and Decimort 2 is the easy choice if you're only going to get one. the RX 950 one is good too but nowhere near as versatile as Decimort - both Decimort and Devastator are real top shelf stuff imo that still seem to be pretty much state of the art even though they're getting a bit long in the tooth at this point.

two shoes

14 Apr 2019

i want Complex-1, QNG, American EQ series (if they offer them as a bundle), JP Psyclone & Killer Wah, Forgotten Filter Designer, and maybe RED70 if it's cheaper than the usual $39 sale price.

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2019

I want:

- Forgotten Convolver
- PSQ-1684
- Kompulsion
- Echobode
- Virtual Bassist
- QNG
- Complex-1
- Ivoks
- PolySix
- EtchRed
- Resonans
- Soul & Disco School
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

manisnotabird

18 Apr 2019

QNG and Complex-1. They'd make a good bundle!

mon

18 Apr 2019

I will be faithful to the word "madness" in the name and buy a RE which will not go on sale - bitspeek. It's just the only RE that I don't have, still want and won't be kind of redundant.
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

antic604

18 Apr 2019

I often look *backwards* to the last May Madness and then kick myself for not getting few things last year and then having to wait a year to do so ;) :D

• Information