‘X Y’ feature to assist Note Repeat player

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Eski

19 Mar 2019

I’m missing the ‘X Y’ feature on all of my hardware midi controllers and thinking of getting reTouch for the iPad to assist as a live performance tool.

I mainly like the idea of hooking it up to a ‘Note Repeat’ player to add some extra additional rhythmatic textures over the top of a track.

Is 'Note Repeat' available in reTouch ?
And if so what is your experience of using it like ?

Cheers anyone.

Jackjackdaw

20 Mar 2019

I dont know but it's a cool idea!

Jackjackdaw

21 Mar 2019

Maybe you could use this : https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ectorizer/

With Lectric Panda cv player tap attached to the note repeat player

PhillipOrdonez

21 Mar 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Mar 2019
Maybe you could use this : https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ectorizer/

With Lectric Panda cv player tap attached to the note repeat player
I'd like to know how that would work?

Jackjackdaw

22 Mar 2019

I'm going to experiment. If anything good comes out i will make a video. :-)

Eski

22 Mar 2019

Ok - quick update for anyone who might be interested.

I’ve been speaking with both reTouch and rsTouch and currently both don’t support the player ‘NoteRepeat’ but may do in the future.

However a very helpful chap at reTouch has kindly sent me a (.touchosc) template file which I’m hoping will do the job. This is new territory for me but the next thing for me to do is get reTouch download and working on the iPad and work out how to install this (.touchosc) template.

Also in reTouch there is a very handy looking combinator template with two ‘XY’ boxes for the 4 combinator knobs (see image) - this looks very useful and could open up possibilities (Thor, vectorizer etc..), although with ‘NoteRepeat’ the Repeat on would have to be mapped to a button which isn’t ideal.

Attachments
CombiSingle.png
CombiSingle.png (84.43 KiB) Viewed 426 times

• Information