Stock Europa Wavetables

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Octopusbird

18 Mar 2019

So I accidentally found some stock Europa wavetables that could be entered into the "user wavetables" section... but then they vanished. Now I can't find them again. Where the heck are they?

Also, anyone find some good downloadable wavetables?

mjxl

19 Mar 2019

There is a folder called "other samples" i think.

As for other wavetables, try to load anything really..
Pretty much any piece of sound can sound cool in Europa!

adfielding

19 Mar 2019

mjxl wrote:
19 Mar 2019
Compared to other wavetable synths, I've had a surprising amount of luck just throwing odd samples into Europa without doing any real preparation beforehand.

scratchnsnifff

19 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
19 Mar 2019
mjxl wrote:
19 Mar 2019
Compared to other wavetable synths, I've had a surprising amount of luck just throwing odd samples into Europa without doing any real preparation beforehand.
Can you share what kinds? Kick samples, hats, one shot FX?

I notice that a lot of samples have a hard time registering in Europa, visually speaking. The added tables that have the series of 3 seem to work very well! Like the gritty 1-3 robot 1-3 and the others that also have 1-3 :) this is the exact reason as to why Iv put a request for an auto normalize function.

To experiment, take the gritty 3 wave table and then take the complex wavetable (not the one directly inside Europa, but the one in the added wavetable pack).
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

19 Mar 2019

With Europa being the flagship, I hope they come up with some more features regarding the dynamic tables!

I’d love to see something that randomly generates a wave sequence. Maybe there could be a few types of the same kind of dynamic table. One of them could randomly generate 5 random waveforms after a selected period of time. But it would stay the same. So each time the table is loaded, it’s a different set of waveforms until you delete and select a new oscillator table. Then when you select it again it would have randomly generated a new set! I think this would undoubtedly make Europa one of the most creative devices. Also now that I think of it, maybe the envelope could get a random function so this idea could come to fruition.

What are some other ideas for dynamic tables? This dynamic aspect is suppose to be what Europa is known for! I sure hope they keep it growing as it is unique to Reason as far as I know :)

adfielding

19 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Mar 2019
adfielding wrote:
19 Mar 2019

Guitar plucks, simple vocal sounds, re-sampled keys/plucks - sometimes it works really well, sometimes I end up with really odd sounds. I feel like the success rate is greater with Europa than other synths I've used, but that could also just be because I tend to use Europa more. Whatever the case, I like it!

scratchnsnifff

19 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
19 Mar 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Mar 2019

Guitar plucks, simple vocal sounds, re-sampled keys/plucks - sometimes it works really well, sometimes I end up with really odd sounds. I feel like the success rate is greater with Europa than other synths I've used, but that could also just be because I tend to use Europa more. Whatever the case, I like it!
Absolutely! I use Europa all the time, and I find that it is stunningly easy to make dubstep tones. Take any table add a sine shaper and little bit of FM 1:1 then take that oscillators spectral filter and make envelope 4 into a 3 peak bell curve and make the middle negative. And boom you have a phaser-y womp that skrillex and excision are jealous of.

I just had a neat idea for Europa, I wonder if they will add the traditional bend + or minus modes. I wish that it had other phase distortions besides the a symmetrical kind. Even though when you have a crazy spectral filled waveform the phase distortion does wonders! (Helpful hint take a complex square waveform and use phase distortion if you don’t want the +1 octave of the multiply)

Octopusbird

19 Mar 2019

mjxl wrote:
19 Mar 2019
There is a folder called "other samples" i think.

Found it! Thanks

Factory Sound Bank--> Other Samples--> Wavetables

scratchnsnifff

20 Mar 2019

Google the basstable pack volume 1 and 2 reddit.

Or just google reddit 1700 free wavetable

Cymatics has a list of free wavetable packs and every now and then they sell a pack of tables for like 3 dollars

Octopusbird

22 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
20 Mar 2019
Google the basstable pack volume 1 and 2 reddit.

Or just google reddit 1700 free wavetable

Cymatics has a list of free wavetable packs and every now and then they sell a pack of tables for like 3 dollars
Annd you are awesome. Thanks!

• Information