Reason 10.3 public beta is open!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
drunkenstein

13 Apr 2019

Hello guys
Can anyone from the beta test tell if there is a fix to the multi-core audio rendering problem (where reason doesn't know what to do with a lot of cores and when turned on my cpu goes to almost 100% with only 3 subtractors) tried it in ableton works great can put alot of VSTs without problem and in reason i can't use 16 out of my 18 cores...

Jagwah

13 Apr 2019

Amazing feedback all over about 10.3.

I wonder if it could be a new selling point for Reason, if the low DSP usage is good or even better compared with other DAWs...

reddust

13 Apr 2019

plaamook wrote:
13 Apr 2019
reddust wrote:
12 Apr 2019
isn't the official update supposed to be available for everyone pretty soon? I think I've read here in this same thread it could even happen this weekend or next week?
I hope so. I committed one of the cardinale sinns and just startd working in Beta. I couldn't help it. 10.3 is running that smoothe! Never the less I'm a little nervous...
I just got my invitation for testing the beta today and tried it now for one hour or so, and I already don't want to go back to stable 10.2 :)

reddust

13 Apr 2019

drunkenstein wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Hello guys
Can anyone from the beta test tell if there is a fix to the multi-core audio rendering problem (where reason doesn't know what to do with a lot of cores and when turned on my cpu goes to almost 100% with only 3 subtractors) tried it in ableton works great can put alot of VSTs without problem and in reason i can't use 16 out of my 18 cores...
I've noticed a very slightly better performance when switching off multi-core audio rendering on my PC, but I only have 4 cores, hard to say how this would work on an 18 cores computer

BRIGGS

14 Apr 2019

Big improvement here!!! Wow!
r11s

mcatalao
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
13 Apr 2019
drunkenstein wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Hello guys
I've noticed a very slightly better performance when switching off multi-core audio rendering on my PC, but I only have 4 cores, hard to say how this would work on an 18 cores computer
I'd say 18 cores is overkill. But it is still quite odd that 3 subtractors would kill a 18 core device. If you were taking about s reSpire or a synth with a bunch of effects I would think it was possible because processors with a lot of cores tent to have a lower base speed. So you can theoretically have more stuff but have a lot smaller chains.

Anyway... My latest test with my new 4 years i7 4790k I could have 370 subtractors in reason 10.2 witch means subtractor is so lean that it is very strange you not being able to run more than 3 instances in any production processor.

I would send an email to Propellerhead as you might have a very strange situation. BTW there are comments with people with 9900k with great performance with reason. It's a 8 core cpu but it gous up to 3.9 GHz. If I were to build a new machine now it would be around this processor. But the new 10.3 release will give a new life to our CPUs so I think it will be enough for a couple of years more.

kitekrazy

14 Apr 2019

I'm gonna test the beta on my older AMD system.

AMD 945 @ 3.0 nForce2 chipset
6gb RAM
M-Audio AP2496
Windows 7 Pro

I still have Reason 9 on this system and never bothered to put 10 on it.

I ran some of the demos on this. No glitches or high CPU use with stock devices. I'm sure I could choke this system but hey it's vintage hardware!

splitpen

16 Apr 2019

Where did the 10.3 topic go, which was open yesterday, removed?
I posted that i had some troubles with midi controller BCR2000 with locking to any device in reason is not working since the beta and now in the release.
The endless rotary don't correspond with the buttons positions in the program.
So when locking the BCR tot the mixer channel, the pan button on the BCR show it's light on the left, on the mixer it is in the centre position.
On 10.2.2. and all previous versions it was all good, reloading, fresh installation didn't solve it.

Anyone else experience this problems with their contollers?
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

diminished
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

splitpen wrote:
16 Apr 2019
I posted that i had some troubles with midi controller BCR2000 with locking to any device in reason is not working since the beta and now in the release.
So when locking the BCR tot the mixer channel, the pan button on the BCR show it's light on the left, on the mixer it is in the centre position.
On 10.2.2. and all previous versions it was all good, reloading, fresh installation didn't solve it.

The forum went down in the middle of the night (CET), a backup is now in place but it's from ~24h ago
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Djstarski

16 Apr 2019

splitpen wrote:
16 Apr 2019

I have the same problem .

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

Djstarski wrote:
16 Apr 2019
splitpen wrote:
16 Apr 2019

I have the same problem .
Man you were in the beta and didn't create a ticket??? The whole purpose of being at the beta is sending tickets when you find d stuff like this.

I found this in the final version yesterday and made a support ticket. And yes it was present at the beta.

Anyway...
I have the same problem it happens when you go from a device with no remote configuration to a device with configuration. Or when you first open your reason project. Once you start moving around and a first state is sent the BCR works fine.

But if you go for example to nnxt then to an audio channel, it works fine.

splitpen

16 Apr 2019

:-) haha i did send ticket, but last sunday was the first time i got myself into some testing time... Hopefully it could be fixed with the next update.
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

No worries.

I'm just mad I didn't find it before, cause I didn't mix much with the beta and believe me I am really into the bcf2000 and bcr2000... 😂

MrBlue

16 Apr 2019

A hair disappointed by version 10.3, my Buchla Easel from Arturia still cracks on some presets and especially when there are several voices ...
:|

Loque

16 Apr 2019

MrBlue wrote:
16 Apr 2019
A hair disappointed by version 10.3, my Buchla Easel from Arturia still cracks on some presets and especially when there are several voices ...
:|
Which settings? CPU, buffer, sample rate, OS?
Reason12, Win10

J96one

16 Apr 2019

My 2015 Mac Book PRO got a new life with this update. Projects that was unplayable runs smoothly now. Thanks Propellerhead and all You who have been working with this update!

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

10.3 is now out, so we'll lock this topic. Continue the conversation here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7511755

• Information