ReMark type of RE for the Mixer? (Blank strip)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BananaSkins

09 Mar 2019

First of all thanks to Selig :thumbs_up: I have just started using ReMark to start cleaning up and identifying my Rack placements.

I would really like to see a similar RE that I could use to seperate mixer channels in the mixer pane; a sort of blank colored mixer strip to split instruments - ie 8 mixer strips of drums then 1 blank then 6 guitar mixer strips then 1 blank etc etc - hope that makes sense?

Loque

09 Mar 2019

Not the final solution, but maybe add a empty mixer channel and make it black.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

09 Mar 2019

For me it's usually enough to send each group to its own bus. That nicely colours the lower part of the channels and gives a red fader as delimiter.

BananaSkins

09 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
09 Mar 2019

Thanks, I did try using a dark colored mixer strip but ideally I would like a completely blank strip / to use as a spacer.

Creativemind

09 Mar 2019

jam-s wrote:
09 Mar 2019
For me it's usually enough to send each group to its own bus. That nicely colours the lower part of the channels and gives a red fader as delimiter.
Yeah but bussing for no apparent reason is messy which is what the OP is trying to avoid.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

09 Mar 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
09 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
09 Mar 2019

Thanks, I did try using a dark colored mixer strip but ideally I would like a completely blank strip / to use as a spacer.
And the most obvious answer here is the Mixer isn't the Rack which is where RACK Extensions are situated so an Re for the mixer I'm afraid is out of the question. This needs to be something Propellerhead implement.

:thumbs_up: to this feature though.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

BananaSkins

09 Mar 2019

Creativemind wrote:
09 Mar 2019
And the most obvious answer here is the Mixer isn't the Rack which is where RACK Extensions are situated so an Re for the mixer I'm afraid is out of the question. This needs to be something Propellerhead implement.

:thumbs_up: to this feature though.
Thanks for your replies; yes I realise now it can not be an RE - but here's hoping somebody could offer a solution etc

jam-s

09 Mar 2019

Creativemind wrote:
09 Mar 2019
jam-s wrote:
09 Mar 2019
Yeah but bussing for no apparent reason is messy which is what the OP is trying to avoid.
Being able to simply solo/mote different groups is always enough reason for me to bus everything. Also I don't mind the extra HP/LP filters and EQ per bus to clean up the mixed buses further.

BananaSkins

09 Mar 2019

Yes I bus too, I would just like to beable to insert a bank mixer spacer that would help me visually separate instrument catagories in the mixer. Just a wish that would help my workflow.

• Information