Easiest way to ADSR an audio track?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Octopusbird

05 Mar 2019

Self explanatory- what's the easiest/fastest way to ADSR an audio track? I want the Attack to start when the transient hits.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

Hmm, not sure sure about easiest/fastest. But I'd say the best way would be to use razor tool and do it manually.

Octopusbird

05 Mar 2019

aeox wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Hmm, not sure sure about easiest/fastest. But I'd say the best way would be to use razor tool and do it manually.
How's it goin dude?!

Yeahh, that's pretty good, but the ADSR has a really smooth Attack and decay though if you look at it through the CV :(

I've done it before... with a bass drum triggering a Red Rock Dynamic Driver, then the Attack/Release going to something controlling volume.

ACTUALLY! I think the fastest/easiest is prob bounce it to Grain.

Loque

06 Mar 2019

Load the sample into a sampler, route it through Thor and use its envelopes and notes, use a mixer automation, use trigger via a compressor to trigger an envelope connected to a gain control... So many ways to do this...
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

Octopusbird wrote:
05 Mar 2019
aeox wrote:
05 Mar 2019
How's it goin dude?!

Yeahh, that's pretty good, but the ADSR has a really smooth Attack and decay though if you look at it through the CV :(

I've done it before... with a bass drum triggering a Red Rock Dynamic Driver, then the Attack/Release going to something controlling volume.

It's going well, how about yourself? :D

Hmm, i've never used the Dynamic Driver before. Sounds like that would work with drums. As Loque said.. so many ways!

Octopusbird

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Load the sample into a sampler, route it through Thor and use its envelopes and notes, use a mixer automation, use trigger via a compressor to trigger an envelope connected to a gain control... So many ways to do this...
Ha. I can't believe I didn't think sampler before Grain. I guess Grain seemed to fit the bill a little better for what I'm working with.

Is Thor with notes the easiest way to automate it within an FX chain? Like without having to bounce it?

Octopusbird

06 Mar 2019

aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Octopusbird wrote:
05 Mar 2019

How's it goin dude?!

It's going well, how about yourself? :D

Hmm, i've never used the Dynamic Driver before. Sounds like that would work with drums. As Loque said.. so many ways!
Goin well! Playin with Reason all the dang time now :D

Can't wait until the next update too :D

Loque

06 Mar 2019

Octopusbird wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Ha. I can't believe I didn't think sampler before Grain. I guess Grain seemed to fit the bill a little better for what I'm working with.

Is Thor with notes the easiest way to automate it within an FX chain? Like without having to bounce it?
Just route audio through Thor via the modulation matrix, where you scale the signal with the Amp Envelope. Every time you trigger a note it will scale the audio signal. As a bonus you can have additionally 3 filters, 2 fx and sub oscillators...
Reason12, Win10

Octopusbird

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Octopusbird wrote:
06 Mar 2019

Just route audio through Thor via the modulation matrix, where you scale the signal with the Amp Envelope. Every time you trigger a note it will scale the audio signal. As a bonus you can have additionally 3 filters, 2 fx and sub oscillators...
You da man! Thanks Loque!

Magnus

06 Mar 2019

Octopusbird wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Self explanatory- what's the easiest/fastest way to ADSR an audio track? I want the Attack to start when the transient hits.
I would export the audio then use ReCycle to slice the audio up, then bring the rx2 file back into Reason in a Dr Octo Rex and use its ADSR settings. If the audio file is particularly long and has lots of transients (more than 99) then split it up into chunks and slice that way, then use the different slots in Dr Octo Rex and copy the ADSR settings across between slots.

If you don't have ReCycle, then you can still export audio as a rx2 file using native Reason and its slice detection (since v7 of Reason I believe).

Alternatively the Thor suggestion will also work good without getting the audio into Dr Octo Rex, but there's some cool stuff you can do with individual slices in Dr Octo Rex that can also be fun creatively! Good luck!

reddust

06 Mar 2019

would this be possible using a physical modeling synth like Resonans or Chromaphone?

scratchnsnifff

08 Mar 2019

Frame Cv by speo

Or blamsoft movement are two devices that come to mind. Jiggery pokery has a ADSR as well

I’d have the audio track and slap a khs gain loaded in the insert. (I think gain is a free kiloheartz RE) then use the frame CV device to draw your curve.

And cv out from frame to the cv of the gain knob

Automate the trigger of frame when ever you want it to trigger in your timeline
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information